Domain Empire

Interesting Fedex I got today...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I snapped the domain "relacore-for-stress-relief.com" at the end of December (it had a bit of traffic). On January 23rd, i got a letter in the mail asking me to hand over the domain because "Relacore" is trademarked.

Included with the letter was a photocopy of the US patent office registration for the relacore trademark. Interestingly, it's listed as having been registered on January 10th, 2006... 15 days after i registered the domain in question.

So, my question is this: Are trademarks retroactive? Whether or not they are, any suggestions as to what i should do?

The letter was rather amicable, and included a form for me to sign and return which states i wont be held liable for any damages if the name is turned over within 10 days.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Labrocca, that is why I finally decided to share that tidbit with you. But if you do a search here for "celebrities" or "fansites", you will see the numerous times I have helped out people showing the correct way to own certain domains. I even made list of do's and don'ts when owning such names. I do have several domains I run under "fair use", but the difference bewtween me and many other people is that I actually use them in good faith and not just saying it to hopefully get money from the TM. Most people tend to lean towards the latter.

•••
tekz999 said:
Just hand over, no one will type in that domain, honestly.

Yeah... hoping people were going to type in the domain wasnt the point.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back