Domain Empire

Indian Domainer's Marketplace.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ramkumaritrvs

Happiest man in the worldTop Member
Impact
Hi,

Why not all indian people / domainer work under a single marketplace that only run by indian domainer's.

we should connect as a team.

any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awareness levels in our country is very low. It may take another 2-3 years.

I don't think market place just for Indian domainers is a great idea.

Still, I will be happy as an Indian if someone succeeds in doing so.

•••
Agree with @nvdomains above. There is a INF which seems to be Indian based but it seems to be slow and archaic.

Firstly, most common Indians are not aware of domains as a commercially viable product. Mention a domain to most and they think of paying no more than $2-$10, the reg. value. So, it's a good idea if you don't mind spending 4-5 years growing it. I myself have toyed with the idea at times.

As an alternative option, only if you knew some chinese, a chinese domain forum on lines of NP would have been a great starter at the moment. IMO, the chinese seem to have much more money to spend and are coming across as much better buyers than even the western ones. Recently, at a chinese domain event, many premium one word english names have sold for $MM: http://www.thedomains.com/2015/12/2...-chinese-are-buying-english-word-domains-too/

:)

•••
I agree with both of you.

75% indian may not pay morethan reg fee.

We can teamup and sell to western & chinese enduser's / investors.

•••
thr is a grp called DNOAI(Domain Name Owner Association of India) which connects all domain owners in India. So ye we already have a start, you can contact @Soofi for more info ;)

•••
thr is a grp called DNOAI(Domain Name Owner Association of India) which connects all domain owners in India. So ye we already have a start, you can contact @Soofi for more info ;)

There are over 90+ top domain investors in country in the DNOAi group. Growing daily as well :)

•••
i dont think india can grow in domain industry.

•••
i dont think india can grow in domain industry.
Some Indians hold .coms of 2Ls 3Ls 4Ns, they just dont broadcast, why do you feel it wouldnt work ?

•••
indian still finding coupon code for getting 1$ domain that is why.

•••
•••
i don't have any problem for saving bucks but problem is when he does not get in 1$ they not buy.

•••
lol mate, dont underestimate. Finding coupon is not at all wrong and you are mistaking if you feel they do not buy unless $1 domain, lol again

•••
I think we should a skype Group to share more thought ..However forum is great place but my option for indian domainers to dicuss more on skype groups..
# Agreed most of them in india think domain industry is not worth
# We dont have much awareness in india
# Domain Reg fee also think more to get domain
# Atleast we have good domineers in forum from india and hope it should increase more.

•••
i don't have any problem for saving bucks but problem is when he does not get in 1$ they not buy.
Ha ha sometimes you are right ..but that comes to normal hand reg because they actual need website but only under savings..it's save $ we can't insult for that ..even i search domain to get under $2 but it depend on usability .

•••
I would love to team up and it sounds like an amazing idea Helping each other can turn out to be profit for all of us. All of us Indian domainers are doing quite amazing in the domain industry

•••
Few months back, Business Line newspaper wrote a good article on domain investment. If Indian news papers & magazines (both normal and business ones) publish more such articles, awareness levels will increase.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...lions-trading-domain-names/article6436013.ece

If Times of India and other top media organisations publish articles regularly on domain sales (just like they publish on high end real estate sales), imagine the kind of impact, they will create.

Ex. Imagine the impact if Indians regularly read this kind of news: House.com sold for $2.5 Million and Banana.com sold for $2 million etc.

Unfortunately, Indian domainers do not have that kind of clout on Indian media. It will take time.

•••
There are very few people engaged in domain reselling in India, as far as I know.
Most people don't have any idea regarding the value of domains.

I was surprised when my friend who works in top IT MNC in Bangalore was asking me once whats the use of buying old domains ? If that's the case with People in IT what about others ? :guilty:

•••
Most of you guys, I understand and appreciate your point of view, have no idea how fast the Indian domain name industry is growing ever since we started our efforts to grow this industry in early 2014 (refer: dnoai.com & domainxevents.com).

Being in this industry from last 15 years, I and few others had the leverage of bringing people together to organize events at ground level so that knowledge could be equally shared with intrigued minds, free of cost!

We organized several (meetings, workshops & conferences) which was widely covered in the mainstream media. Brought some of the best people in the industry to share knowledge (Ron Jackson from DNJournal.com, Edmon Chung from .Asia, Sid Ohri from .Desi, Zak Muscovitch from DNAttorney.com, Deepak Daftari who sold Tie.com for mid 6 figures, Michael Castello who sold Whisky.com for $3.1 million, Adam Dicker of DNF.com etc.).

Revolution has started, and we see our efforts taking shape in coming few years, especially 2016!

refer: https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-name-owners-association-of-india.774936/

•••
we should a skype Group to share more thought
We have whatsapp group, makes it better than skype as everyone has whatsapp. Skype on mobile is less used.

There are very few people engaged in domain reselling in India, as far as I know.
Wrong thr are many many Domainers, hidden behind non-regular Indian usernames.

For the ones like me who didnt knew that we have many fellow domainers among Indians please refer to this article
http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2015/dailyposts/20150808.htm

•••
Agree with @nvdomains above. There is a inforum which seems to be Indian based but it seems to be slow and archaic.
thats an inaccurate and insensitive comment about inforum. Its not archaic, it just doesnt have that many members(but members are slowly increasing). I could easily argue that INF is even more valuable for .in domainers than NP. dont get me started on the "good"information people carry about .in on this forum.

•••
In india most of them are not aware of domain investment .Its true because im the example im on many platforms like adsense,and affiliate and some other related stuff from past 7year but really i was not on domain investment and i don't have much idea ,awareness of domains investment which made me a great loss now at least i realize the things now and happy to be a namepros member which guided me a lot .:xf.smile:

•••
Few months back, Business Line newspaper wrote a good article on domain investment. If Indian news papers & magazines (both normal and business ones) publish more such articles, awareness levels will increase.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...lions-trading-domain-names/article6436013.ece

If Times of India and other top media organisations publish articles regularly on domain sales (just like they publish on high end real estate sales), imagine the kind of impact, they will create.

Ex. Imagine the impact if Indians regularly read this kind of news: House.com sold for $2.5 Million and Banana.com sold for $2 million etc.

Unfortunately, Indian domainers do not have that kind of clout on Indian media. It will take time.
Thanks for sharing the article ..

•••
I am using the internet actively since past 9 years. I got to know about Domaining accidentally in this October when I was searching for a domain name for by blog and I could find a suitable domain name. I dug deep and got to know about domaining.

•••
thats an inaccurate and insensitive comment about inforum. Its not archaic, it just doesnt have that many members(but members are slowly increasing). I could easily argue that INF is even more valuable for .in domainers than NP. dont get me started on the "good"information people carry about .in on this forum.

Just my opinion mate, chill. :)
It may be "inaccurate" for you but what's "insensitive" about it? Is it a touchy subject for you?

•••
Just my opinion mate, chill. :)
It may be "inaccurate" for you but what's "insensitive" about it? Is it a touchy subject for you?
Well its a tight knit group of people and we love it. Thats all. If you can call it archaic then trust me, you dunno whats in it. I could really care less. I think i know what you wanted to say, but you didnt word it as correctly.
Hi,

Why not all indian people / domainer work under a single marketplace that only run by indian domainer's.

we should connect as a team.

any thoughts?
Is there demand for this service in India? :)
I hope so, and its a good idea in general. But i suspect demand and market maturation still need more time before this idea can emerge. But on the other hand, things could happen really quickly and one could pop up soon. I guess I'll watch and see from now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back