NameSilo

question A common man can not buy or owns premium domain !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Givemelove

Impact
Domain,Domain were available for sale at Bigrock,and another platform in few bucks last night

Around Indian time 11:30 PM(GMT+5:30)

domain names were
Open.shop
open.market respectively

,and in the end after long research when Hit the complete order,it never processed,worked purchased.is that happened with anyone?
While searching on Icann it said domain not with us.

And when trting no identity in whois lookup as well,it comes premium identity.suggest how amd why it happened to me,any idea or it happened to anyone.

Also now these domains are listed at marketplace in highvalue.

Please suggest

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Solution
So, in this particular case of yours, I made a search and found out that both names are reserved by the corresponding Registry (not any Registrar). Apparently, they are legally entitled to reserve names and sell them at their chosen price.
And when trting no identity in whois lookup as well,it comes premium identity.suggest how amd why it happened to me,any idea or it happened to anyone.
Yes it's an old bug that's never been fixed in some registrars. The domain shows as available because even though it's reserved no one actually owns it yet. You don't find out until after it's in the cart and when you go to pay it fails.

A proper whois search as @MariaEl did would reveal the "reserved" status. If you...
Two suggestions:
1) Become an uncommon man
2) Stick to .com

•••
Upvote 0
No business or sales platform is obliged to sell you anything at a displayed price (Law of Contract) Until the seller enters into a Sales agreement. Clearly that didn't happen. Get use to the idea of error-listings, they happen all the time

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Thanks BaileyUK to spare time and giving your valuable insight.However if it was error then why domain registrar has been updated yesterday for same,you can check Open.Market ,time stamp when this domain has been picked up mean time when I was trying to buy it.

Seems like company does not follow GDPR norms.

So my point is here that I had tough time buying a domain name which was very much available and seems like some backend mechanism triggered to buy it self and identity is lremium now

PS: Change in domain name Registrar with yesterday time stamp of same time when I was trying to buy gives insight that it was not error.

•••
Upvote 0
Domain,Domain were available for sale at Bigrock,and another platform in few bucks last night

Around Indian time 11:30 PM(GMT+5:30)

domain names were
Open.shop
open.market respectively

,and in the end after long research when Hit the complete order,it never processed,worked purchased.is that happened with anyone?
While searching on Icann it said domain not with us.

Also now these domains are listed at marketplace in highvalue.

Please suggest

Hi, welcome to Name pros!

As a beginner, I too have experienced these doubts and frustration you are telling us about.

So, in this particular case of yours, I made a search and found out that both names are reserved by the corresponding Registry (not any Registrar). Apparently, they are legally entitled to reserve names and sell them at their chosen price.

Regarding update time
, in case of dot MARKET, it's automatically refreshed each time you perform a Whois lookup.

So, don't worry too much. It's not your personal case, it's standard functioning.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Thanks Maria,such a beautiful & precise explanation,It was need of hour,It solved all my doubts,thanks again for your great understanding about beginners journey and taking time to clarify further.Wishing you great 2024 !

•••
Upvote 0
Yes it's an old bug that's never been fixed in some registrars. The domain shows as available because even though it's reserved no one actually owns it yet. You don't find out until after it's in the cart and when you go to pay it fails.

A proper whois search as @MariaEl did would reveal the "reserved" status. If you really want the name you'd have to contact the registry directly.

•••
Upvote 0
Solution
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back