Dynadot

news India is one of our fastest growing market: Twitter

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Super Software

Established Member
Impact
Buoyed by the rising penetration of Internet in the country, a top official from Twitter today said India is one of the fastest growing market for the micro-blogging site. The US-based social networking platform said it will be investing more in India, which industry body IAMAI has predicted will surpass the US by December this year in terms of Internet users.

"India is a big market for us. It is one of our fastest growing markets and we will be investing more here," Twitter VP, Global ..

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes ! india is a big market. good investment for this country. also china

•••
I don't understand the Indian Domain Market at all. I would have thought that native language domains would have been in much more demand than English domains. Also, there seems to be so much choice, that only the tip-top names would sell for any kind of real money. But, as I said, I don't understand the market. Maybe somebody will be kind enough to enlighten me?

•••
India is a huge market for the future. I mean just think of how many people are living there without computers. Make technology more vaailable to them and the possibilities will sky rocket.

•••
But will the big money be in English or Native Indian Languages? And from what you say, it's going to be a long, long hold?

•••
But will the big money be in English or Native Indian Languages? And from what you say, it's going to be a long, long hold?
Remember at least for the time being, English is the language of business. That could change of course but it is what it is right now.

Another thing of note in regards to India is that they have the final "hosting con" of the year and it is expected to be the biggest to date brought by Resellers Club.
They say "With new gTlds FINALLY causing some buzz in India after the marketing campaign of .ooo and Infibeam, event is poised to take stock of where India stands in its fledgling space in the domain market"

•••
I just wish they would stop ringing me for websites

•••
I don't understand the Indian Domain Market at all. I would have thought that native language domains would have been in much more demand than English domains. Also, there seems to be so much choice, that only the tip-top names would sell for any kind of real money. But, as I said, I don't understand the market. Maybe somebody will be kind enough to enlighten me?

Just my guess but being a multicultural country and having over 120 languagues (different sources say different figures but its alteast this much or around + many dialects) there will be many variables of the same word and hence no particular word would be as popular. Hindi is perhaps the most spoken language but Hindi keyboards are not half as popular as English keyboards.

Instead of having IDNs, either english language domains are used or local languages are converted (not translated) to english for example "खेल" (K-H-E-L also properly pronounced as KHAYL) is the hindi word for sports but either "sports" related domains would be used or "Khel/./com" would be used.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back