NameSilo

discuss Increase in cold calls?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Electric-Shadow

Weaver of knowledgeTop Member
Impact
406
Has anyone noticed a sharp increase in cold sales calls from 'web development' companies in the last month or two? I've been getting almost daily calls now, sometimes they even call me repeatedly.

It's getting rather infuriating now and using whois privacy as a seller isn't an option.
 
4
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Please keep in mind that heated debates are fine.

When a post crosses the line to insulting/instigating comments not relevant to the thread/original topic or racially motivated, it will not be tolerated.
 
2
•••
Yeah, it's only when I register new domains. I laugh when i get spam emails about domains I sold the week before or something. Obviously they're using outdated data.

Maybe next time I get a call from one of them I'll answer it but just scream continually as if I was being murdered and do that with every subsequent call. I bet they'd stop calling xD
 
3
•••
All my names are under privacy and I have received no more calls or emails. I also use a disposable phone number from www.go-text.me. And there are feeds of new purchases and deletes and these spammers access these. Make your info public it goes public. I live in North America and I don't want to cross any lines but 99% of my spam comes from, well ask cloudguy
 
2
•••
Your indian friends are the idiots who spam people by emails and phone calls.

You mean to say only Indians send spam emails ?
Funny lol
 
0
•••
I've already posted Indian web development and domains spam, forgotten this spam+scam one:

indian_spam.png
 
0
•••
I've been getting calls from guys saying they're Microsoft and that my computers infected.

If I have the time I'll mess with them and act all scared
 
1
•••
I've been getting calls from guys saying they're Microsoft and that my computers infected.

If I have the time I'll mess with them and act all scared
The best reply to the Microsoft scam has to be this guy:
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

He makes the scammers so angry hahaha XD
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back