discuss Increase in cold calls?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

Electric-Shadow

Weaver of knowledgeTop Member
Impact
406
Has anyone noticed a sharp increase in cold sales calls from 'web development' companies in the last month or two? I've been getting almost daily calls now, sometimes they even call me repeatedly.

It's getting rather infuriating now and using whois privacy as a seller isn't an option.
 
4
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Me too. to many cold call from india. I blocked all the number. Also, i ban all their ip addresses. Now receive only 1 or 2 spam email. Their marketing tactics is damn suck.
 
0
•••
I always get the annoying "I guarantee I can get your website #1 on Google" calls from California area codes. I tell them to take me off their list but they keep calling with the same stupid script. If I have time, I like to challenge them and ask technical questions that they don't know the answer to because it's not on their script. Then I have fun with the call.
 
0
•••
Are those the calls where you pick up the phone, no noise, then suddenly you actually hear the phone ringing and it's those damn indian scammers?
 
0
•••
I get calls every day, at least one or two.

The last few calls I've tried selling them SEO domains, and I tried selling GoldInvestmentKit(dot)com to a telemarketer trying to send me a Gold Investment Kit, managed to get the supervisor's email address which reminds me I have to email...

These SEO guys are aggressively doing it these days because on the last call I heard a bunch of people in the background, sounded like a scene from Boiler Room
 
1
•••
These SEO guys are aggressively doing it these days because on the last call I heard a bunch of people in the background, sounded like a scene from Boiler Room

Yep, that's what it sounds like. It's a waste of time to even talk to them tbh because they're just going to call again anyway regardless if you ask to be removed or not. We're doomed!
 
1
•••
I receive 3 to 5 calls a week from solicitors offering web development. I tried applying the whois privacy on most of my domains only to see a drop in sales. Many of my sales come from people searching the whois data base so in my case it was counter productive.
These calls are annoying to say the least but I rather have my portfolio public and raise the chances of me making a sale and simply use the "BLOCK A-Hole" option on my phone. :roll:
 
2
•••
Same here. I've noticed a steady amount of calls from random numbers. Usually it's from California.

I never pick up though. And for some reason they never seem to leave a voicemail. The voicemails are always just silence for about 30 seconds.. Lol

-Omar
 
0
•••
I have received a few cold calls for web dev, but the biggest thing I notice lately is a crazy amount of WhatsApp spam, I've had to block quite a few numbers and more keep popping up.
 
0
•••
Has anyone noticed a sharp increase in cold sales calls from 'web development' companies in the last month or two? I've been getting almost daily calls now, sometimes they even call me repeatedly.

It's getting rather infuriating now and using whois privacy as a seller isn't an option.
Yeah it is getting horrible. I'm getting them multiple times a day now
 
0
•••
They can't call me because of the Do not Disturb service but I am getting emails and messages almost everyday regarding this. I didn't know that others are also experiencing the same issue:(
 
0
•••
I have received a few cold calls for web dev, but the biggest thing I notice lately is a crazy amount of WhatsApp spam, I've had to block quite a few numbers and more keep popping up.

I know me and some of my friends have been plagued by this. It's like Watsapp is the new way of irritating people nowadays
 
1
•••
Your indian friends are the idiots who spam people by emails and phone calls.
 
0
•••
It's quite frustrating but so common, I barely have any domains and I'm still spammed a lot each week, luckily they are placed in junk otherwise it would be extremely annoying.
 
0
•••
Your indian friends are the idiots who spam people by emails and phone calls.
I won't disagree to this because I used to get a lot of spam calls for other things also before I enrolled myself for the DND service but I get a lot of emails from outside India as well. So I guess it's not just India but other countries as well.
 
1
•••
But one thing that really bothers me is that the moment I register a new domain I start getting emails and messages about it from the next day. I mostly use Godaddy as my registrar, not sure if they are giving out this info because otherwise how would these companies know that I have just purchased a new domain.

Is anyone else facing the same issue? Do you get calls or emails for newly registered domain names from these web development companies?
 
1
•••
Is anyone else facing the same issue? Do you get calls or emails for newly registered domain names?

This may be the reason why I'm getting spam email after I register a domain, good point.
 
0
•••
I never said Indians don't do that but people from outside India spam as well. Anyway, I hope everyone should just stop this practice of invading someone's privacy and calling them after getting their details from registrars and whois data.
 
1
•••
This may be the reason why I'm getting spam email after I register a domain, good point.
I think the registrars are giving out this info to these companies
 
0
•••
I don't. I just tell how they spam people around the world.
 
0
•••
I doubt that. Your fellow citizens usually say Hi, I'm George, Fred, Jessica... they use english names but when I check domain from which email has been sent it clearly shows registrant country India, registrant city Mushdjhfknndnw, registrant name Sharmhmhmhdeua.

Just check the email headers, it's a time save. Almost always Indian spammers...George Chapling from a village called Mahabharata!!
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back