Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

discuss Increase in cold calls?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

Electric-Shadow

Weaver of knowledgeTop Member
Impact
406
Has anyone noticed a sharp increase in cold sales calls from 'web development' companies in the last month or two? I've been getting almost daily calls now, sometimes they even call me repeatedly.

It's getting rather infuriating now and using whois privacy as a seller isn't an option.
 
4
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I don't have any cold call but a lot of inquiries from Parking Pages.
Sold a couples.
 
0
•••
That's annoying. Thankfully I get no calls, but I do get email spaam.
 
0
•••
I get both, I guess it may depend on where you live too.
 
0
•••
Yes! This week i got more than 10 calls.... :-/ And several spam mails... That sucks!
 
1
•••
yesterday. only one call.
I'm just curious where they get my phone number?
Anyone know about this?
 
0
•••
Spam E-Mails are easy to ignore, cold calls not so. Same number has tried calling 3 times since yesterday, once this morning. I get called everytime I reg a new domain.

@Azwan Asban Via whois obviously.
 
1
•••
Every time when i got an email with subject lines like "mydomain.com inquiry" or "mydomain.com request" I always think for a few seconds its a real request to buy my domain/s *GRRRR

Same for the calls...
 
1
•••
For that reason(and other reasons), all my domains are under whois privacy.
I'm selling domains just fine with the whois privacy, so I don't see the point to make it public.
 
0
•••
For me having it public helps validate ownership to any end user I'm E-Mailing.

@Domaineus yeah, you can never be sure with some until you open it. Damn you false hope!
 
1
•••
Haven't got any call, but I am getting too many spam emails and web hosting mails ever since I parked my domains....
 
0
•••
The majority of mine are pointed to my portfolio sales page & not parked.
 
1
•••
Yes I did for awhile . Try this - anyone that calls up in regards to web development, tell them your a web developer yourself and then go on to say that your services are on offer to them for ..make up a ridiculous figure/hour...then watch quickly they say bye...I don't get calls any more.
 
4
•••
LOL a novel suggestion.
 
1
•••
Indian spammers I bet.
 
1
•••
Yeah they sound Indian, but they've called from various international numbers, including NY.
 
0
•••
I receive calls daily congratulating me on my new domain registration, slowly easing their way into offering me their website design service...

This only occurs when I register domains with GoDaddy, although I have seen a decrease in calls when I went into godaddy settings ---> contact preferences and selected NO for every option. The calls stopped for a couple of weeks but slowly started up again.

Here are some numbers they contact me from..

+1(204)315-2471 Maitoba, Canada.
+1(788)697-9206 Unknown

Indian spamming on a whole new level.
 
1
•••
"Piss off" seems to be an effective response to phone spam!
 
2
•••
Yeah they sound Indian, but they've called from various international numbers, including NY.

Calls are probably rerouted from Indian/Phillipines outsourced call centres.
 
2
•••
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back