Dynadot

discuss Increase in cold calls?

NameSilo
Watch

Electric-Shadow

Weaver of knowledgeTop Member
Impact
Has anyone noticed a sharp increase in cold sales calls from 'web development' companies in the last month or two? I've been getting almost daily calls now, sometimes they even call me repeatedly.

It's getting rather infuriating now and using whois privacy as a seller isn't an option.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I receive 3 to 5 calls a week from solicitors offering web development. I tried applying the whois privacy on most of my domains only to see a drop in sales. Many of my sales come from people searching the whois data base so in my case it was counter productive.
These calls are annoying to say the least but I rather have my portfolio public and raise the chances of me making a sale and simply use the "BLOCK A-Hole" option on my phone. :roll:

•••
Same here. I've noticed a steady amount of calls from random numbers. Usually it's from California.

I never pick up though. And for some reason they never seem to leave a voicemail. The voicemails are always just silence for about 30 seconds.. Lol

-Omar

•••
I have received a few cold calls for web dev, but the biggest thing I notice lately is a crazy amount of WhatsApp spam, I've had to block quite a few numbers and more keep popping up.

•••
Has anyone noticed a sharp increase in cold sales calls from 'web development' companies in the last month or two? I've been getting almost daily calls now, sometimes they even call me repeatedly.

It's getting rather infuriating now and using whois privacy as a seller isn't an option.
Yeah it is getting horrible. I'm getting them multiple times a day now

•••
They can't call me because of the Do not Disturb service but I am getting emails and messages almost everyday regarding this. I didn't know that others are also experiencing the same issue:(

•••
I have received a few cold calls for web dev, but the biggest thing I notice lately is a crazy amount of WhatsApp spam, I've had to block quite a few numbers and more keep popping up.

I know me and some of my friends have been plagued by this. It's like Watsapp is the new way of irritating people nowadays

•••
Your indian friends are the idiots who spam people by emails and phone calls.

•••
It's quite frustrating but so common, I barely have any domains and I'm still spammed a lot each week, luckily they are placed in junk otherwise it would be extremely annoying.

•••
I won't disagree to this because I used to get a lot of spam calls for other things also before I enrolled myself for the DND service but I get a lot of emails from outside India as well. So I guess it's not just India but other countries as well.

•••
But one thing that really bothers me is that the moment I register a new domain I start getting emails and messages about it from the next day. I mostly use Godaddy as my registrar, not sure if they are giving out this info because otherwise how would these companies know that I have just purchased a new domain.

Is anyone else facing the same issue? Do you get calls or emails for newly registered domain names from these web development companies?

•••
Is anyone else facing the same issue? Do you get calls or emails for newly registered domain names?

This may be the reason why I'm getting spam email after I register a domain, good point.

•••
I never said Indians don't do that but people from outside India spam as well. Anyway, I hope everyone should just stop this practice of invading someone's privacy and calling them after getting their details from registrars and whois data.

•••
This may be the reason why I'm getting spam email after I register a domain, good point.
I think the registrars are giving out this info to these companies

•••
I don't. I just tell how they spam people around the world.

•••
I doubt that. Your fellow citizens usually say Hi, I'm George, Fred, Jessica... they use english names but when I check domain from which email has been sent it clearly shows registrant country India, registrant city Mushdjhfknndnw, registrant name Sharmhmhmhdeua.

Just check the email headers, it's a time save. Almost always Indian spammers...George Chapling from a village called Mahabharata!!

•••
Please keep in mind that heated debates are fine.

When a post crosses the line to insulting/instigating comments not relevant to the thread/original topic or racially motivated, it will not be tolerated.

•••
Yeah, it's only when I register new domains. I laugh when i get spam emails about domains I sold the week before or something. Obviously they're using outdated data.

Maybe next time I get a call from one of them I'll answer it but just scream continually as if I was being murdered and do that with every subsequent call. I bet they'd stop calling xD

•••
All my names are under privacy and I have received no more calls or emails. I also use a disposable phone number from www.go-text.me. And there are feeds of new purchases and deletes and these spammers access these. Make your info public it goes public. I live in North America and I don't want to cross any lines but 99% of my spam comes from, well ask cloudguy

•••

You mean to say only Indians send spam emails ?
Funny lol

•••
I've already posted Indian web development and domains spam, forgotten this spam+scam one:

indian_spam.png

•••
I've been getting calls from guys saying they're Microsoft and that my computers infected.

If I have the time I'll mess with them and act all scared

•••
I've been getting calls from guys saying they're Microsoft and that my computers infected.

If I have the time I'll mess with them and act all scared
The best reply to the Microsoft scam has to be this guy:
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

He makes the scammers so angry hahaha XD

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back