IT.COM

auctions Inbackorder experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So I backordered a domain that was expiring on inbackorder.

I got message that more than a few people ordered the domain and it will go in Auction.

It went into auction and I won the auction, but the invoice has a private seller. Someone who is into domaining.

What does it mean?

I am a little confused and the way the auction tried to be sniped at the last moment It left a little confusion

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
-edit-my bad

Last edited:
•••
i was in the same domain auction, basically inbackorder is trying to extort more money out of you for a domain name they know is good and can get good money for it which they already own now. i could not even bid cause out of the blue sky i am supposed to know that i need prepaid balance on their website to bid for a domain name.
ok but why does the invoice go to a private seller??

•••
@blogspotter ,

Based upon the amount, there are different payment methods and hence more than 1 invoice mode. Can you please PM me your order number or domain name so that I can look into its details and provide you more information on that?

As for your last moment bidding question: All of the auction houses witness the highest bidding activity during last moments itself - Be it Dropcatch.com, Namejet.com, or Godaddy auctions. Ideally, there is no need for this as all auction houses (including us) have some sort of anti-sniping feature where the auction time extends for last minute bids, but that's just how domainers prefer to roll I believe.

•••
This was my misunderstanding. The support informed me that it was one of the partners.
It is all good now.

Just to add, the backordering process, and domain transfers was smooth as butter.
I have had my account charged an admin fee and lost winning bids by other providers when I won an auction at Friday midnight and I forget the pay the next day due to weekend thing happening.
I informed Inbackorder that I will make the payment on monday as it was high value and I have to speak to the bank as I had put self limits to my cards and they happily agreed without question and the transaction happened very smoothly through an escrow.

I have backordered several more domains since.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back