Domain Empire

.in or .cc your choice and why

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.in or .cc

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only reason I would register either would be if Kev.in was available, but it isnt :P

•••
cc sounds Like Corn Chips

Only reason I registered WebName4.in was for Indian Market
it is not very good ccTLD otherwise
CC is brand of Corn Chip in Aust
Don't know of reason to register (Unless it was Email.cc or EatSome.cc))

•••
.cc is better, but if you can get any other extension then don't get .in nor .cc

•••
I'd say .cc, its better on the lines of memorization.

•••
i think that .in has more potential for one worders.

•••
1rrr1 said:
i think that .in has more potential for one worders.

Exactly! (As well as co.in) We are talking for a market of 1 billion people D-: Sooner or later these two extensions will be a goldmine :imho:

•••
.in because of the growing market potential

•••
.in hands down.Co.in may be better yet. India is a serious global player, .cc is just a failed attempt at rebranding the Coco Islands domains IMO. I wouldn't be surpised if more .co.in and .in names have been sold in the aftermarket since Feb. 05 than .cc has since it's inception.
Not to mention ".in" is a word,it flows and looks better.

•••
.cc cos i have playstation.cc :gn: and looks quite good can see it getting bigger

•••
At the moment, more potential in .cc
Every single gosh-darn .in has been bulk-regged. Everybody and their mother are selling those bad boys. A whole-helluva lotta resellers, few developed sites.
.in in the long run, because India's a country that most of the non-domainer world has heard of ;)
Just my .02
-Allan

•••
I don't like either of them.. I don't see any value in .in unless it is targeted at indians
but cc ain't that good either.. I think its sort of MONEY based

•••
Between the two, my pick is crystal clear; .IN

.CC had its chance....remember how long ago it was that beauty.cc was falsely reported as having been sold for $1M....at least 4-5 years if my memory serves me right. .CC was introduced when everyone was starving for more tlds and the likes of new.net were popping up....so if .CC has not gained any appreciable momentum/acceptance in all these years whats the chance it'd do so in future with all these new options becoming available. On the other hand, .IN has been introduced properly as genuine ccTLD for the second largest populace on the planet with a strong ambition to be a global player in technology. Already, the number of pages indexed by Google under the two tlds indicate a strong edge for .IN (almost 4M for .IN vs. 1.5M for .CC)
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:.cc
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site:.in

BTW, by this parameter, .IN also surpasses .WS (1.2M) and even .biz (2.9M)
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site:.ws
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=site:.biz

In general, the experiment of promoting/marketing poor-nation's ccTLDs as made-up global TLDs has not been a success....(.TV, .CC, .WS, .LA, .BZ, etc etc). On the other hand, there's been an increasing trend towards geographic classification of the webspace with increasing importance and role of genuine ccTLDs.

Last edited:
•••
.in is one of the words most populous places, has a very smart IT base, and its cheap to work there. Who couldnt ask for a better situation.

(.co).in all the way!

-Steve

•••
I would say .in because it also mean "international" not only India :)

•••
Ber|Art said:
I would say .in because it also mean "international" not only India :)
thats a very good point didnt think of it that way before :tu:

-Steve

•••
thats a very good point didnt think of it that way before
Some websites in Europe are using the term : International" on there website to addvertise on purpose, so there are a lot off people who don't even know it's acctualy India :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back