NameSilo

".in" Domains not Working

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

My ".in" domains do not seem to be working. MY domains are registered at DirectI.

Does anybody else have the same problem?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I checked the .IN names I have at Directi and it seems to be directing fine.

•••
Mine are at Directi too (reseller).

My older (.CO).IN domains are still resolving fine, but the ones I've just registered in the last couple days are not working. I've confirmed the name servers are set correctly. I was assuming it was just a delay in them updating, but I don't know for sure.

•••
I changed name servers for btm.in late yesterday and it isn't resolving for me yet. Ceramictile.in -- parked at Sedo -- is resolving ok.

db, I sent a note to reseller support & haven't heard back yet. I need to find out what the secret is or how to get from current registar to xfer all my in to reseller.

•••
its hit and miss some of mine are resolving some are not its kinda odd really i would of expected them to after 24hrs on some of them.

i did consider transfering them from resellers.co.in over to directi thinking that could be the problem being they are a reseller i figured transfer them to the main reg account but i see its not that, just the .in overall. So i will wait a few more days.

•••
Quote from DirectI :

Recently registered .IN domain names not functioning

Please be aware that the severe flooding in Mumbai, India has damaged .IN Name servers listed with IANA. Due to this, .IN domain names registered in the past few days (particularly since Monday, 25 July 2005) may not resolve due to delays in propagation to the DNS. This would not have an impact on old names in cache, which will continue to resolve.

The .IN Registry and its providers have mounted an operation to rectify this situation. However, they do not have a time frame for resolution of this issue. We are in constant contact with the Registry and will advise you of further developments as soon as news becomes available.

Link : http://support.directi.com/support/servlet/KBServlet

Let's hope it starts working soon.

Thanks,
Pratik

•••
Thanks for the clarification pratiknaik :tu:

•••
hark said:
I changed name servers for btm.in late yesterday and it isn't resolving for me yet. Ceramictile.in -- parked at Sedo -- is resolving ok.

BTM.in is now resolving to Sedo landing page.

•••
Pratik

thanks for bringing that to our attension mate, it has put my mind at rest. LEts hope no one has been injured in the flooding.

Steve
tips

•••
Pratik, thanks for the information. :tu:

Mine are about 50/50 today, so that's better. Hopefully all will be working soon.

Hark, our friend at Resellers.co.in (Pratik) should be contacting you soon, to help get all your Indian names moved over there. I just sent him a PM in case he missed your original post in this thread. :)

Last edited:
•••
Please be aware that the severe flooding in Mumbai, India has damaged .IN Name servers listed with IANA.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

•••
.IN registry seem to be working now :)

-Pratik

•••
WOOHOO!

Yes indeed Pratik, all mine are working, even the newest regs. :)

Now if we can just get SEDO to fix their keyword problem..... :|

•••
•••
lol :hehe:

im gald i dont reg .ins very often ;)

•••
hmm odd mine are not working still and they are registered via resellers.co.in all my co.in's seem to be working but my .in's do not.

strange.

•••
Why dont they use differant Datacentre's ???

Like one in New Delhil, one in Goa and one in Mumbai

•••
All of mine work, I would think they would have built in redundancy to avoid these problems. I am sure disaster recovery will be in their budget for next year

:)

•••
.IN Domain Problems

Just received an e-mail about the current discrepancies with .IN domains. Apparently, heavy rain in Mumbai is causing the nameservers trouble in propagating domains :gl:

Please be advised that the .IN Registry is currently experiencing certain technical difficulties.

Heavy rains and flooding in Mumbai, India has damaged the .IN Registry's Name Servers. This has hampered DNS propagation, with the result that your Customers' .IN domain names might not resolve to their websites for the time being.

The .IN Registry and its providers are currently working post-haste to rectify the situation, which has affected all Registrars in equal proportion. We are in incessant contact with the Registry, and hope to have normal functioning restored as soon as possible.

•••
Wow. That's interesting... never knew something like that could happen.

•••
Threads Merged - ;) No need for several on the same subject at the same time - Thanks

•••
:P
anyway guys what does in stant for indonesia or what ?

•••
Just recieved this:

Dear Reseller,

Please be advised that the .IN Registry is currently experiencing certain technical difficulties.

Heavy rains and flooding in Mumbai, India has damaged the .IN Registry's Name Servers. This has hampered DNS propagation, with the result that your Customers' .IN domain names might not resolve to their websites for the time being.

The .IN Registry and its providers are currently working post-haste to rectify the situation, which has affected all Registrars in equal proportion. We are in incessant contact with the Registry, and hope to have normal functioning restored as soon as possible.

We regret the inconvenience this has caused you, and appreciate your patience in this matter. Rest assured, we shall constantly keep you updated with any fresh developments on this issue, via notifications posted on the Support Help Desk.

Please feel free to contact us, with any doubts/queries you might have.

Warm regards,

Directi Technical Support
http://support.directi.com

•••
Where do they put the .IN nameservers, in a cow shack in the middle of a rice field?? Anybody have any pictures?

I would have thought the NS would be residing on the 50th floor of a glass swept digitally managed building.

•••
I realize it appears pressing for us .in/.co.in domain holders but they have far more imperative issues at present.
MUMBAI, India (AP) -- Hundreds of angry demonstrators blocked traffic for hours Saturday to demand restoration of drinking water and electricity and clearing of rotting animal carcasses after this week's monsoon rains in western India. Officials said the death toll could reach 1,000.
CNN Sometimes it’s easy to forget the world is round.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back