Dynadot

IMPORTANT: How to check (and fix) if GMAIL flagged your recently purchased domain.

NameSilo
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
error.PNG

Be careful with this message. It contains links to websites containing malware.
Have you ever seen the above flag in gmail? An email containing a link that has been deemed malicious by Google will receive this red flag. The email will go straight to Gmail spam, and the images will be blocked.

How to check this?
Simple. Just email yourself the domain for a separate email account. It won't work if you send it from the same email. If your email goes to the spam folder, and has the above link, you know the domain has issues.

How to check in bulk?
Start by sending one large email with all of your domains. If it winds up in your spam, then you know you have a flagged domain. Depending on the size of your list, break up the email into sections. The emails that go to your inbox are free of flagged domains. Keep breaking up the list of domains in the emails until you find the individual domain that's triggering the flag.

How to get the error removed:
Ask Google to review your site at: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/security-issues

malware.PNG

Screen shot from: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/163634?hl=en

Why does this matter? Many reasons. Here's two:

1) Imagine hearing back from an enduser complaining about their emails are going straight to their customers spam with a malware warning.

2) If you're going to do enduser outreach, or monthly notifications of new acquisitions, best be sure no flagged domains are included. For one, it will go directly to their spam. Secondly, who's going to want to buy a domain from a list that Google warns you of Malware? Your credibility can go out the window if your endusers are to believe you aren't taking basic steps of ensuring quality.

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-1_1-34-5.png
    upload_2016-2-1_1-34-5.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 62
  • upload_2016-2-1_1-43-16.png
    upload_2016-2-1_1-43-16.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 81
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BrandBucket finally removed the Malicious domain from their system.

They refused to send a retraction NewsLetter.

The domain still redirects to BrandBucket, but the logo has been removed and a 410 page not found resolves on BrandBuckets site.

•••
I had 50 domains published in the newsletter from the week of January 18th.

The response given was their click through rates were similar to recent weeks. I'm curious to how sales fared following this newsletter compared to sales from newsletters not containing flagged domains.

41578_001aa671dbc41441fd59ce9a9916912b.png

The first domain from the newsletter was the reason the email was marked as malware and sent to the spam folder.

•••
•••
I had 50 domains published in the newsletter from the week of January 18th.

The response given was their click through rates were similar to recent weeks. I'm curious to how sales fared following this newsletter compared to sales from newsletters not containing flagged domains.

41578_001aa671dbc41441fd59ce9a9916912b.png

The first domain from the newsletter was the reason the email was marked as malware and sent to the spam folder.

Old thread but CapitalPad.com is relisted on BB and is currently owned by Krell

•••

For whatever reason, I wasn't able to replicate the issue in Gmail for CapitalPad.com. Either they fixed it by submitting to proper channels, gmail updated how things were done, or something else?

Regardless, BrandBucket is making a HUGE MISTAKE by relisting this domain.

What a healthy domain looks like in Google:

upload_2017-7-4_15-24-12.png

What a unhealthy domain looks like in google: (unhealthy could be spammed, malicious, banned, etc...)

upload_2017-7-4_15-27-10.png

BrandBucket has to know the negative publicity that would come and potentially harm their credibility if they sell a domain that is unable to rank in google due to a suspect domain history.
Somebody please tell bb to remove this domain. I don't want to see an enduser grill them because they felt ripped off.

Last edited:
•••

I just noticed the new WHOIS created date (March 2017)

As I see some other newly regged bb domains have yet been indexed by google yet, it may be possible CapitalPad is fine now, and is awaiting indexing. Any google experts on NP?

Last edited:
•••
•••

Thanks! I'm leading more to believe it's only a matter of time until google index's it but IDK -- something to look out for given it's previous gmail history.

I just noticed the new WHOIS created date (March 2017)

There is a major difference in pricing now that it's owned by staff.

Before:
upload_2017-7-4_21-16-40.png

Now:
upload_2017-7-4_21-17-20.png

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back