IT.COM

discuss Imagine $2.5 Million in Renewals!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I was reading this morning and came across this:

"One thing to remember is that Mike Mann needs to sell about $2.5 million worth of domains per year to break even and that he is NOT a flipper. The average holding time for his sold domains is usually more than 5 years."

I couldn't imagine having that kind of renewal every year! That's huge!

Here's the full article about what he recently bought and sold.

http://onlinedomain.com/2017/01/26/...es-dutchpot-com-weareparents-com-gohorse-com/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$2.5 mil , thats got to be heartbreaking when paying that regardless of what you making ! :D

•••
The article says he has over 250,000 names. Think about how many domains that is. Huge!

I also noticed a funny thing. He talks about having just hand regged a domain. I guess even for him it can be addicting.

"Domain name purchases:
UnparalleledProcessing.com purchased, $8, this one I actually made up without lists or software."

•••
•••
He actually only needs to sell $2M worth of names to break even.
His monthly sales are in the $350,000-$450,000 range. Based on $5M/year, that leaves $3,000,000 in profits (not counting time and other expenses).
HugeDomains operate the same working model, but on a higher scale.

•••
And that's for coms. Imagine what the holding time for the average G investor will be...5 years will seem like a blink.

Unless you're very very lucky or savvy, gotta lose before you gain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back