IT.COM

I'm seeing English dictionary words in the drop lists

NameSilo
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
What's going on? A few years ago they would have never made it onto a deleted list.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If they drop its because noone wanted it, it has no obvious value, or is not commercially usable.

In their opinion, or maybe they hadn't tried to sell it.

There seems to be a wide range of abilities and knowledge in the domain world, and also a substantial lack of application in many. I suspect that this is one source of gold for us.

•••
What's going on? A few years ago they would have never made it onto a deleted list.

Thats because a few years ago crap like that would not have been registered. But recent years have seen a huge influx of noobs that will reg anything. Once the dime drops, the name drops and opens up for another noob, like yourself, to pick them up on the drop and announce them as being golden.

•••
Once the dime drops, the name drops and opens up for another noob, like yourself, to pick them up on the drop and announce them as being golden.

I see that l2.org was first registered in 2000, and I assume that wasn't your first name, so we probably started investing/speculating in domains at about the same time.

I have never said that the names are "golden", and I've made a lot of money in my life by selling iron.

•••
I have two domains for example that are dictionary words and they might get one or two offers per year. And they are decent words.

•••
Sorry to hear that Kuffy. Guess some people can never get ahead no matter how early they start.

If you really started in 2000 I would advise you that its about time to research what sells, have value and whats going on in the domaining community. Your posts all bears evidence of very little knowledge/experience which you really should have amassed by now.

•••
The “better” names will get more frequent offers but “waiting for the right buyer” applies to all domains.

•••
I've made a lot of money in my life by selling iron.

Is this a metaphor or are you a scrap metal dealer because I recall your saying something about that.

•••
Advertising revenues have decreased drastically due to google monopoly, corporate espionage, so many domain investors cannot afford to register and renew keyword domain names as their revenues have declined

•••
Advertising revenues have decreased drastically due to google monopoly, corporate espionage, so many domain investors cannot afford to register and renew keyword domain names as their revenues have declined

Yeah thats not it. If they can not afford to renew them then that must mean they are not worth 10$. Which in turn means they should never had regged them.

If they cant afford to even reg a name I would say dont quit your day job.

•••
Of course it’s not so much about not being able to afford $10 (or in my case $8) if you have hundreds or thousands of domain names. Then it’s simply a business decision about which ones to let go.

•••
I was of the opinion if it's one word then it's good until I got no reply for raciality.com after loads of outbound. Success @Kuffy

•••
Of course it’s not so much about not being able to afford $10 (or in my case $8) if you have hundreds or thousands of domain names. Then it’s simply a business decision about which ones to let go.

Well I am past the days when I would buy names to drop them. Its more of a risk if you handreg names. Once you get more confident in your buy choices you wont need to worry about whether to renew a name or not. If you paid 1k for a name 10$ is not much of a further Investment.

•••
Well, I mean I have names that I've been paying $8. (now) and of course more (then) per year, going back 15 years or so, coming up on 16. Many were picked by the manager who was running my domaining for many years, when I was the finance end only, many with no input from me. Sometimes the decision to drop them must be made. It's a somewhat unique situation though in my case where there are many names in my account that I personally did not pick.

But even if I had picked them all, after holding a name for 5 years, or 10 years, or 15, sometimes will notice that the keywords are dated and not so great anymore and time to drop. This may happen especially with tech and consumer goods related keywords. I'll throw an example out there... "dialup" lol. Not that I had any domains with that keyword but just by way of illustration. Or "modem."

Last edited:
•••
Well, I mean I have names that I've been paying $8. (now) and of course more (then) per year, going back 15 years or so, coming up on 16. Many were picked by the manager who was running my domaining for many years, when I was the finance end only, many with no input from me. Sometimes the decision to drop them must be made. It's a somewhat unique situation though in my case where there are many names in my account that I personally did not pick.

But even if I had picked them all, after holding a name for 5 years, or 10 years, or 15, sometimes will notice that the keywords are dated and not so great anymore and time to drop. This may happen especially with tech and consumer goods related keywords. I'll throw an example out there... "dialup" lol. Not that I had any domains with that keyword but just by way of illustration. Or "modem."

Personally I dont think you find more low level keyword .coms in the drop because of keywords becoming obsolete nor that advertising revenues have fallen for online advertisers. But naturally you and dnk are entitled to your views.

I think its because so many low quality names have been regged by noobs in recent years and they are now dropping. You wont find any quality names dropping outside of the usual estate sales from deceased domainers.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with most people here, those words will be hard sells.

That said, I noticed that Putrefact is the name of a band, if you contact them, and they don't eat you alive (they are horrifying !), they may be interested.

Coact is a verb and there is a site on coact.org.au and one on coact.com. It's a shame it is not a noun too (ie. "the coact", like "the act"), if that was the case, the plural "coacts" would be a word (as in "coworkers"). As it is, it is only the 3rd person of the verb, pretty much unusable.

I have one such word in com, "forseek". It's an archaic term that I just like its sound and pay $9 yearly to Verisign so I can see it sit in my account. :) ie. I don't think it will ever sell.

•••
Well I don't know about years ago, I only got into domaining late 2015 but dictionary words were one of the first types of names I tried to hand reg. I didn't know much about domaining back then and didn't have a whole lot of resources to draw on so I basically just sat at my computer brainstorming names lol. I remember coming up with quite a few dictionary words that were available in .com. I very quickly learned that they were pretty much unsellable though even at reg fee, out of those, the only name I ever received an offer for was avertedly.com.
I later found a (now defunct) website called savespell.com that tracked expired dictionary word domains (amongst other types) and they used to post new dropped dictionary names all the time. I eventually gave up on those types of names, they're just too obscure for most people.

•••
Hard to pronounce and remember, not even worth reg fee if you ask me.

•••
Just tried unguardedly.com and it's available :xf.smile:

•••
Plenty of starting words in dis, re, ending in ish ly ing tion, ous domains available. Pick your preferred keyword and buy a variation. I searched adult got adulterously searched promote got promotiveness and promotionalise. Market ended up with Marketisers.

Last edited:
•••
I've recently registered deleted "dictionary" names as well - the landing pages get 0 traffic as the names are so obscure nobody is searching them. I now put them in the same category as "non-word brandable" where it should at least be a word that is memorable or be somewhat related to a business or service so that it can be marketed.

•••
Pshht...don't let these guys get you down....my first sale could be described no better than a drunk misspelling. That's what all those short brandables are. After that, selling real vocab word domains with real meaning like monocotyledons.com is going to be a total walk in the park......watch the drop list next year in case you're interested .....but....for now....for the first time ever.....monocotyledons.com is being offered as a premium aftermarket domain!

Will work out a payment plan if needed. Zero interest! ZERO! And don't worry if you miss out on payments, after 3 missed payments the domain will simply be returned to me and there is NO obligation. No refunds. No contract. No credit check. Just walk away, I keep the domain name, no pressure. With Escrow, feel secure that your transaction is in good hands. Hurry! Don't miss out on this rare, once in a life time opportunity to own a piece of botanical treasure.

Plus, if you just want to invest, having a one word .com as part of your portfolio is a must, especially one that you can easily turn around and sell it to that one Ebay user selling books about it. Will change your life and his. And will help my family immigrate and feed my sister. They have been farming monocotyledons all their life, my family is expert. Buy from someone that knows monocotyledons and help teach the world the wonderful word monocotyledons! They will probably even update the Wikipedia page with your name as a real preservationist hero, a link to your website, world savor of monocotyledons and that one special person that will dedicate their life to running the Monocotyledons.com website. Did you know some premium domains have even been blacklisted by google for prior illegal use? Don't take that risk! Rest easy knowing your domain has never been used for phishing, adult websites, parked and downgraded by google, illegal activities, monitored by authorities, and buy a domain that is fresh off the assembly line. Truly, a premium .COM. Brand New. Never been used! Pure. Safe. Carefully hand picked. Unique. Elegant. Sophisticated. And Everybody wins. God bless.

Don't delay! Monocotyledon over and grab it before it's gone forever.

monocotyledons.jpg

Submit your sparkling offer now!

•••
•••
I hand regs one dictionary words this year , Most of them have 10k searches per month , All hand regs

1- Succeedings.com
2- intorsion.com
3- Calumnious.com
4- Suburbanization.com
5- Undesirability.com

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back