IT.COM

I'm screwed - can't renew or transfer my domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello ,

When I first decided to start a website six years ago, I chose gisol.com to be my hosting company. They registered my domain name at alldomains.com, I guess GISOL and Alldomains had some sort of agreement. Anyway, I had some troubles with GISOL and therefore wanted to move to a different hosting company, so I contacted GISOL and they gave me the login information for the domain's control panel at Alldomains.com. Since then, I've managed to change the domain's DNS multiple times and transfer between hosting companies without troubles whatsoever. However, the domain is going to expire in approximately one month and their domain control panel seems to be OUTDATED. I can't renew the domain nor can I obtain the authorization code.

P.S.: I couldn't get a hold of any contact information except over the phone, which is out of the question because I don't live in the US and an international call would cost a fortune. I don't think it would help anyway.

Any thoughts on how to handle this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let me first say that gisol.com isn't exactly customer friendly. If you search google for "gisol scam" you'll see news specials on how bad this company truly is. I wish you luck in this, but I would definitely try and reach out to them. If there is no luck in doing so, then contact ICANN and see if there is anything they can do to help you with a bad registrar. Chances are there will be something that can be done, but it will take time.

•••
P.S.: I couldn't get a hold of any contact information except over the phone, which is out of the question because I don't live in the US and an international call would cost a fortune. I don't think it would help anyway.

Any thoughts on how to handle this issue?

I think you should try and reach them with email and if they dont respond you then try calling them I know it would be bit expensive for you but this would be the only choice for you rather just waiting and doing nothing

•••
They registered my domain name at alldomains.com, I guess GISOL and Alldomains had some sort of agreement.

Getting back your domain once it expires might be quite expensive as well. Maybe you can find a prepaid VOIP card, or use Skype to make that phone call. Both solutions should make calling to the US somewhat affordable.

•••
Gisol probably are resellers, that's why the domain is with alldomains.com.
Since alldomains.com is the upstream registrar you might want to contact them. Provided that the whois is correct and reflects that you are the owner of the domain, they should be able to help.

•••
Just use gmail. Google launched google call that can be used to call almost any number in the world from almost anywhere. Also calling US costs only $0.01/minute. Otherwise try skype.

•••
Hello,
Thank you guys, you've been an amazing help. Finally, I was able to contact Alldomains via phone. The agent who answered said that they have absolutely nothing to do with this problem and that it is from GISOL's end. He said when they first released the domain they did not set the permissions right, why am I not surprised?!

Anyway, I tried calling GISOL's phone number but it was out of service, my guess is they are going out of business :hehe:. I'll try reaching them by Email later.

Thanks guys...

•••
I feel your pain, at the end of last year, I had similar situation for a domain I got through auction, but regged at getyername.com
getyername.com does not have cpanel, it has a home grown horrible script, it just would not let me get the auth code. When you contact them, they will on purpose not let you transfer and asked me to send them my photo id etc. I email both snapname and getyername.com, left phone messages, it took me a long time to get the auth code.

•••
Contact alldomains.com. They'll help you out. Something like this happened to me once with another reseller. I contacted their upstream onlinenic and they helped me out by pressuring the reseller.

A registrar is always a responsible organisation. They have to abide by some strict rules set by ICANN so they can't shirk their responsibility like some resellers can.

•••
I can't take this anymore, I have sent like a million emails to gisol and they have been ignoring me intentionally. I will contact Alldomains again and ask them to talk to gisol themselves.

•••
Gisol

Husam, I am also held captive by GISOL and therefore very interested in your situation.

While my domain name isn't set to expire soon, GISOL no longer provides any support and we're having email technical issues that are hurting my business. With their email and phone disconnected there is no way to reach them.

Also, more importantly, when they renewed my domain name the last time they unbeknownst to me assumed all rights as registrant, admin and tech contact therefore I apparently have no way of moving my domain. :red:

•••
Husam, I am also held captive by GISOL and therefore very interested in your situation.

While my domain name isn't set to expire soon, GISOL no longer provides any support and we're having email technical issues that are hurting my business. With their email and phone disconnected there is no way to reach them.

Also, more importantly, when they renewed my domain name the last time they unbeknownst to me assumed all rights as registrant, admin and tech contact therefore I apparently have no way of moving my domain. :red:
It seems that I'm going to lose my domain after all :( It will expire in 8 days and still no solution yet.

Yesterday, I called Alldomains again hoping that they would call GISOL themselves and pressure them into releasing the domain name, but no luck so far, the guy said they are having technical difficulties and asked me to call them again tomorrow.

•••
Have you asked Alldomains what specifically the "technical difficulties" are? Is GISOL not being reachable with no known phone, email or web contact a technical difficulty? If they know how to reach GISOL it would be nice for them to let you know the method.

Wishing the best for you in this situation and hopefully others (like myself ;) can benefit from your experience as well.

•••
Have you asked Alldomains what specifically the "technical difficulties" are? Is GISOL not being reachable with no known phone, email or web contact a technical difficulty? If they know how to reach GISOL it would be nice for them to let you know the method.

Wishing the best for you in this situation and hopefully others (like myself ;) can benefit from your experience as well.
Sorry, there's been a bit of a misunderstanding. I meant they (Alldomains) are having technical difficulties, not GISOL. However, after verifying that I'm the owner of the domain they agreed to move it into another account, but something is holding them back and they are trying to fix it at the moment. However, I managed to get a hold of an online phone number for GISOL, but it went straight to voice mail, here it is: 323-924-5915.

I hope it would help you.

•••
Sorry, there's been a bit of a misunderstanding. I meant they (Alldomains) are having technical difficulties, not GISOL. However, after verifying that I'm the owner of the domain they agreed to move it into another account, but something is holding them back and they are trying to fix it at the moment. However, I managed to get a hold of an online phone number for GISOL, but it went straight to voice mail, here it is: 323-924-5915.

I hope it would help you.

AllDomains is a decent registrar. I have spoken to them via telephone in the past when I regd a domain with them, and they are always available to talk to (24 hours I believe).

Hopefully you will have the issue resolved so that you will not lose your domain.

I would say, it's best to deal with a well known registrar for your major extensions and I guess a registrar like AllDomains would be cool if you intend on reging a domain in a country code that the main registrars do not offer.

Regards,
:wave:

•••
Finally, the issue has been resolved. They moved my domain name to a new account at www.domain.com. After the move took place I was able to renew it. Now, the domain is scheduled for a transfer to GoDaddy.

Anyway, I was very pleased by Alldomains' customer service, they were very helpful. The decision to move away to a different company has nothing to do with them; it's just trying something new for a change.

Thank you guys, you've been very helpful.

•••
Congratulations. I hope that I have the same success with Tucows as you did with Alldomains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back