IT.COM

advice I'm looking to park my first domain. Starvucks.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should I keep or delete StarVucks.com? [registered today, but it's been suggested to Grace Delete]

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Keep

votes
    16.7%
  • Delete

votes
    83.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
Hey DN,

I have yet to park a domain, but from what I've been reading, my understanding is you want something with type in traffic. Would StarVucks.com accomplish that?

The Global brand similar to this is ranked 434 Globally, and 434 in the United States according to Alexa. That domain is one letter off from my domain; I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about by now. Adwords receives 1,600 monthly searches for Starvucks.

Is this domain a bust, a suitable domain to park, or something to try and sell to the larger brand the sounds like Starvucks? I'm sure this is somewhere in the many NP threads, but if somebody could answer what factors you look for in a good domain to park, or point me to a previous thread, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can monetize StarVucks.com at Protected Parking. We have a deal with the Starbucks affiliate program (and over 250 other major brands) that allows our clients to monetize their brand typos directly on the brands website. As you can imagine, conversions and payout are quite high. We also have brands like hotels.com, Expedia.com, American Express, etc.
So do you mean if I can buy domain like:

Maseratiusa.com (Maserati)
JaguarDubai.com (jaguar)
Gerrari.com (Ferrari)

I can monetize them with your service and have any legal problems?

About parking:
From what I've seen and read around here seem that there is an huge number of domainers regging domains with possible:
TM violation, copyright infingerprint, business conflict and many other legal issues.
Also with small business, site like for example chatrubate.com

I tend to avoid any name that could have any legal issue. Then am I wrong refusing those kind of money also with little businesses or is always better stay away?

•••
So do you mean if I can buy domain like:

Maseratiusa.com (Maserati)
JaguarDubai.com (jaguar)
Gerrari.com (Ferrari)

I can monetize them with your service and have any legal problems?

About parking:
From what I've seen and read around here seem that there is an huge number of domainers regging domains with possible:
TM violation, copyright infingerprint, business conflict and many other legal issues.
Also with small business, site like for example chatrubate.com

I tend to avoid any name that could have any legal issue. Then am I wrong refusing those kind of money also with little businesses or is always better stay away?

As state before, We don't provide cover in any way. We provide an alternative to monetize your traffic in a way that has been previously not allowed. We only work with brands that have expressly agreed to receive this traffic because they want to protect their brand and the customer journey.

•••
Wow it seem a new and good idea. What is the name of your service? I'm curious to give a look.
Is it expressly declarated what are the partner brand that allow monetization?

Thanks

•••
keep in mind that a lot of tmsquatters live outside the us in countries with far different laws which gives them a certain protection. if you live in the US a court can decide that you owe them up to 100k for each infringing domain and you may have to pay that.

For example it was decided that a Chinese had to pay namecheap.com seven figures for his typosquatting names. In practice they will never be able to collect that payment.

I don't see how this is a good strategy.If you want to make serious money you have to buy many infringing domains. If you don't earn much money with that strategy what's the point of taking the risk?

for one single domain the risk may or may not be low. if you buy a lot of domains it is a lot riskier.

the worst seen outcome for brand squatting is jail. it's very unlikely though i would say.

As state before, We don't provide cover in any way. We provide an alternative to monetize your traffic in a way that has been previously not allowed. We only work with brands that have expressly agreed to receive this traffic because they want to protect their brand and the customer journey.

from my understanding the legal risk monetizing TM domains is not any lower with that program. The advantage for the brands is that they get a a large share of the profits of the domainer. It only helps the domainer if revenue is higher than with parking.

Last edited:
•••
I just started parking domains today for the very reasons you stated, Willox Perez.
And I would just go ahead and delete the typo if I were you Grilled Jesus.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back