Domain Empire

advice I’m interest in flipping

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tori Goffdan

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys,

I’m interest in flipping the lowest priced domain names in the quickest time possible. What free advice can you provide me to do so?

Many Thanx,

Tori

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My advice would be this....take what ever you had planned to spend on domain names and buy a bunch of scratch off lottery tickets and then hope for the best. 99.9999999 percent of the time quick flipping in the domaining business does not work. Best of luck to you!

•••
good thing you asked. most new domainers never bother to ask and just jump right into domaining thinking there is an answer to yuor question. when the truth is.. there is no answer to it.. cause there is no such thing as easy money in domaining.

you will work very hard.. spend countless hours reading and learning. if you're lucky yuou will loose only a little money at beginning. and after that, you will get a chance to make a bit of profit. then a bit more in years following etc.. it'll be an ongoing process.

good luck!

•••
thanx for your reply & info

•••
Flipping is rather difficult. And there is a pretty simple reason for that.
There are lot of people with lot of selling knowledge and experience in this industry. That leads to the fact that when selling domains they get higher prices, which leads to the fact they can pay higher prices when acquiring domains.

So from a theoretical point-of-view the only way for inexperienced flipper to make money is to find an untapped source of domains that can be bought for under their market value. And those are not easy to find.

•••
Hello Tori,

You should take a look at the Bargain Bin section, buy some cheap domains and start ReSelling in as many domain market places you can, thats easy profit and a lot of fun too...

You have to invest first in order to gain money (No Risk No Gain).

Thanks,
OmarVG

•••
thanx for your advice & what low cost advice should I invest in as I don’t want to be investing a lot of funds into this niche and don’t make a red cent from it?

•••
Flipping is rather difficult. And there is a pretty simple reason for that.
There are lot of people with lot of selling knowledge and experience in this industry. That leads to the fact that when selling domains they get higher prices, which leads to the fact they can pay higher prices when acquiring domains.

So from a theoretical point-of-view the only way for inexperienced flipper to make money is to find an untapped source of domains that can be bought for under their market value. And those are not easy to find.

thanx for your info as well

•••
Hello Tori,

You should take a look at the Bargain Bin section, buy some cheap domains and start ReSelling in as many domain market places you can, thats easy profit and a lot of fun too...

You have to invest first in order to gain money (No Risk No Gain).

Thanks,
OmarVG

thanx for your advice & what low cost advice should I invest in as I don’t want to be investing a lot of funds into this niche and don’t make a red cent from it?

•••
Buy low sell high. Buy high sell higher.

•••
If there is easy and low cost advice to invest in, I'm not aware of it.

•••
If there is easy and low cost advice to invest in, I'm not aware of it.

and what is the best paid advice would you recommend to me as of this moment?

•••

most of people explained the situation well.. investing amount is generally will be decided by your budget.. Actual question should be like this how much money you can waste for nothing?

•••
Just do one thing for now, read all the blog posts at namepros specially regarding outbound inbound marketing, how to sell domain names to end-users, and watch all the top interviews at domainsherpa.com, take a look daily at similar great domaining sites.

Once you do this exercise for one-two months, you will have some idea where you are, and how it works.

•••
You can register/buy a domain and sell it in few minutes or sometimes have to wait for a couple of hours, days, months, years, decades.... you may even had to pass them on to your children in a hope they may sell.
So in short beware what you are getting into :)

Wishing you all the best !!

•••
and what is the best paid advice would you recommend to me as of this moment?
There is lot of decent free advice. Start by reading domaining.com and the linked sites, for an example.

•••
There is lot of decent free advice. Start by reading domaining.com and the linked sites, for an example.

thank again

•••
•••
Hi Guys,

I’m interest in flipping the lowest priced domain names in the quickest time possible. What free advice can you provide me to do so?

Many Thanx,

Tori

Hi

for sure, wanting to buy and sell domain names, is something to be interested in.

and maybe you ran across some blog, or saw a video, read an article, etc and got excited about a "headline" that read something to the effect of "this name sold for X number of dollars"

and yes, that may be true. that the domain sold for that amount, but the story probably didn't say how long the owner held it, how much they paid for it or who the owner was or how many other domain names they may have.

that seller, may have "flipped" the domain, but they may not consider themselves a "domain flipper", as opposed to being a "domain "investor".

however, you talk about "flipping" as if it's some easy task and that there are hundreds of people just waiting for you to sell them something.
you assume this can be done asap, by buying the lowest prices names and reselling them.

think.... about why, those names have the lowest prices.

time goes by pretty quick in this biz,

so think about how much money you can afford to loose in a year, before you spend $0.99.

Good Luck!

•••
All good advice above.

From my reading here for some time before I joined and what I've been doing for almost a month now, this is my take away so far:

1. to make the $X,XXXX to $XX,XXX and beyond as others have pointed out above, you have to buy domains at lower than that but still in the thousands. @Biggie.us has a similar post somewhere in the forum where he is even more on point about deciding whether to be an domain investor versus a domain flipper (can't find it right now) .

2. the advise on read before you buy--spot on, otherwise you do what I and many others did which is to throw away money (those lottery tickets sound good to me right now, lol).

3.From personal experience with my outbound marketing, it takes work to flip some half-way decent names to businesses. So the idea of buying the "golden domain" today and flipping for millions tomorrow, is, as far as my personal experience goes, BS unless you spend money to get that golden domain.

Those are my $0.02 newbie to newbie.

Welcome to the Forum!

•••
You can flip $10 domains for $15 but that is hardly profitable. Still, you would be doing better than average since most domainers are losing money. Anyway, if you want to sell domains, they need to appeal to end users (or resellers). Look at what people are buying. That will tell you what to buy.

•••
Buy low sell high. Buy high sell higher.
If you buy high, then you'd have to wait much longer to sell higher unless you are real lucky.

•••
Hi Guys,

Many Thanx,

Tori
Hi Tori, Welcome aboard!
If you want to be successful in domaining, try to stick with short and meaningful domains most preferably dotcoms.
Patience and perseverance is the name of the game. You won't become millionaire overnight;) All the best

•••
Patience..Patience & Patience...you will need a ton of it.. :)

•••
Register domain, park it and put sale banner. Also market your domain and check results.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back