IT.COM

domain I’m getting various appraisal? - FunnyHi.com

NameSilo
Watch

Muhammad Saad

Impact
I’m getting various appraisals for my domain name which I just bought.
FunnyHi.com

Is this a good domain?
Im new to domain flipping.
Whats the most reliable appraisal website?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In general all automated appraisals are meaningless.

It is not really a good domain.

Spending an extra $59 to promote a domain that isn't good is only an additional sunk cost.

Brad

•••
What value do you see in that name?

Ask yourself why would anyone want to buy it from you?

STOP spending money based on automated appraisals! None of them are reliable.

•••
Welcome to NPs, @Muhammad Saad. While automated appraisal can sometimes be helpful (not all agree!) it should never be the only or most important thing you consider. The most important is who might want the domain name, and how much they desire it. To me I have trouble seeing a potential user for the name.

Let's look at GoValue that I think you have used. Yes it says $1200 but any short .com it usually says about that. When there are multiple words it looks at how valuable they are individually, which makes some sense, but it is terrible at deciding if together they make sense. You need to do that. You can see from the comparator sales they give that really none of them are very similar so you should not place much emphasis on their evaluation (I find GoValue does somewhat better on single word than multiple word domains).

It is always good to look at NameBio.com to see what has sold that is similar to yours. Now your exact word has never sold, not surprisingly. So then try searching for sales that start with 'funny' Almost 100 sales. Go through that list to see which ones are maybe comparable to your word. I must admit some of these amaze me. Like paying $10k for FunnyShit in com!

But THE question is always, who would benefit/want this domain name. If you have good ideas on that, share with us.

I hope your time in domaining will be good. There is no easy money here, and it takes hard work and skill to make a profit.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back