Domain Empire

I'm bored, so - request a script!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well i'm very bored and was thinking about how I could make money with scripts - then I realized that i'm not even particularly good at coding, I just seem it because nobody else I know (in RL) is.

So in a desperate attempt to better my scripting skills, if you ask me for a script i'll try to make it for you. PHP only.

PHP:
if($you == 'Need A Script'){
     PostHere();
}

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Damion said:
Hi Michael, are you still bored :laugh:

Perhaps this is a interesting concept for you to explore?

A most read article/story feature

A feature that shows for instance on the frontpage the most read articles/stories by visitors.

I'm not sure how this would exactly work but if understand suggestions that i have recieved correctly a ID should be added to each article/story in a database MySQL and the script could then identify which articles/stories is being requested the most.

This would be great for a Top 3 | Top 5 or Top 10 being displayed on a page, a front/home page for instance.

I'm sure lot's of members would find such a script very usefull :)
Take care Michael!

OK, i'll post it when its done

Last edited:
•••
WOW, Thanks that would be awesome Michael.
I do would like to mention that above is something what was mentioned to me so if this is the correct way i don't know.

In my case it would be helpful if i could ad a line of code to a html page, the page containing the story/article that would register the visits and a code to display the results on the homepage/page.

The displayed results would show the headline of the story/article.

•••
Havent tested it - but it should work

•••
THANKS! Michael, i'll try to get it to work. I do have to say i am not that savvy when it comes to these type of things so if i can't get it to work it's probably due to my incapabilities :laugh:

I'll let you know tomorrow how it went.

•••
I looked throught it and i have to say i have no idea where to start to install it and how to install it :(

Could you perhaps ad some instructions where i should place the files and how i should put everything together?

•••
Hi Mikor , could you make me a simple PHP Forum. Like if you look on Willsmith.com there is a message board , could you make it something like that? Simple. If you can't its ok! i was just asking. And if you can ( could i use it and develop more versions? cause im learning PHP but i want a basic code to start off with >:D , and i don't go on NAMEPROS much anymore so can you also send to killeravery[at]gmail.com , i know im askin' alot *swt*)

•••
I looked throught it and i have to say i have no idea where to start to install it and how to install it :(

Could you perhaps ad some instructions where i should place the files and how i should put everything together?

look in the process/config.php file

Hi Mikor , could you make me a simple PHP Forum. Like if you look on Willsmith.com there is a message board , could you make it something like that? Simple. If you can't its ok! i was just asking. And if you can ( could i use it and develop more versions? cause im learning PHP but i want a basic code to start off with > , and i don't go on NAMEPROS much anymore so can you also send to killeravery[at]gmail.com , i know im askin' alot *swt*)

I dont think a forum is a basic code, lol.
I'll see what I can do (I may fully develop this into a full forum system at some point).
I'll include an installer for it. And i'll post it here and pm you with a download link

•••
Mikor said:
look in the process/config.php file

I see, will do Michael.

•••
I want to know are you able to make/or know of a script like photobucket not just a upload site but with a members section ect.

•••
blue^ray said:
I want to know are you able to make/or know of a script like photobucket not just a upload site but with a members section ect.

photobucket is just an upload script with a login system

---
and the forum system wont be done for a while - i'll work on it in a few days

---edit---
I've decided to scrap the forum system because I dont have much spare time and its a pretty big thing.
Not taking any more script requests from now on, unless their small and/or paid for, lol

Last edited:
•••
Mikor.....

could you make me a script...any script will do....host it....adsense it...make sure you get a good pagerank too... ohh and once goggle cutz the check....just PM me soo you can wire me my revenue from that script you made for me...

thankz :kickass:

LOL.... sorry was bored and ....I was just checking out your thread...I personally dont have anything to ask for....but seems your free scripts are becoming Fulltime. Great work though....

•••
How do you make a drop down box so whenever you select one of the options in it, text box that is underneath of it fills in with a description of what you have selected (small paragraph description)

THANK YOU

•••
That would be "Auto Complete/Suggest" like on the homepage of Answers.com as you can see. No idea how to create this but just wanted to let you know ;)

•••
Mikor said:
I'll get it done by tomorrow, anything else you want apart from Forename, Surname, Address? Phone Number? Email? Postcode? etc...

edit
Actually i've got it finished now, it generates SQL for all variables sent by post, so to add more things just add more parts to the form.

I get the following error when i click submit on the form

:
PHP:
Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/afterarc/public_html/admincp/store_sql.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/afterarc/public_html/admincp/store_sql.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/afterarc/public_html/admincp/store_sql.php on line 6

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/afterarc/public_html/admincp/store_sql.php on line 6

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/afterarc/public_html/admincp/store_sql.php:6) in /home/afterarc/public_html/admincp/store_sql.php on line 48

•••
Thats unusual... I actually tested it several times just to make sure it worked

•••
yh i dont know why since i uploaded the files without changing them and thats the error i got, what php version are you using.

•••
I have got a simple one for you.. I have made them but they dont work

A forum for my sabreschat website that includes
Name:
Countrythis would be a drop down menu)
Statedrop down again)
E-mail:
Subjectthis would be a drop down menu)
Body:

I would like it so i can customize the different things

Also can you not make it in Global Variables since I have had major problems with those in the past

Also I would like to have Name/Email Validated.
One more thing.. Is it possible for spam proof?

Message me if you have any questions.

•••
NetworkTown.Net said:
yh i dont know why since i uploaded the files without changing them and thats the error i got, what php version are you using.

i'm using php5.

-----no more scripts from now on-----

•••
Mikor said:
i'm using php5.

-----no more scripts from now on-----

Well im using php4 on my server and i have php5 on my localhost (pc) i tested it on both they dont work. Any suggestions?

•••
It works perfectly on my php4 server and on my php5 localhost, so I have absoloutly no idea why it wont work.

Also, there isnt a mysql_real_escape_string() on line 6, so I dont know why its giving you that

•••
well i checked the file that the script stores the info in and it dose insert it in but without the data from the form its all blank where the form data is ment to be.

•••
NetworkTown.Net, you didn't set up the MySQL connection details correctly. It is saying access denied for nobody@localhost..

That's also why you get the mysql_real... errors.

•••
But there is nothing to set in the files, and it dont need mysql since it is not going to insert it into the Db its going to put it in a file. Dan download the file and you might understand what i mean.

•••
Connect to a random database- this should stop all the errors.
Code:
$link = mysql_connect($host, $username, $password)or die;
$db   = mysql_select_db($database, $link) or die;

•••
But i dont understand why dose it need that when it is not going to need the DB?

Well Dan i added what you gave me and it worked ;) but im a bit confused about why it needs to connect.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back