IT.COM

domain I'm Appraising Your .app Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

un1

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I've just built an MS Excel macro to merge different parameters that have effects on the potential value of your .app domain.

I've made it specialized for ".app" but not for ".com, .io etc." since the formula has parameters like
  • "Is the domain the name of an active app released on Google Play and/or AppStore?",
  • "What is the download volume?" etc.
Other parameters are quite common with those which appraises domains with any extensions: e.g.
  • search result performance of the phrase,
  • TLD penetration,
  • traffic rank of the most similar domain with the highest rank (for example, for the appraisal of abc.app, the traffic rank of abc.com),
  • synthesis of appraisal results from different services,
  • length,
  • trademark strength,
  • meaningfulness,
  • etc.
Attention for 3 issues!
(1)
Appraisal is based on a 0-5 scale with a value up to 2 decimal values (e.g. 2.65) but is not in money terms (e.g. $3,380). For a decent conversion from 0-5 appraisal score to US dollars, as benchmarks, you may use my appraisals of .app domains sold & reported on NameBio so far. You may... Or maybe you'd better not (perfect correlation is not guaranteed). I don't know.
(2) Please do not hope instant appraisals since I'm around a few times a week. Just post yours on this thread and I'll reply on occasion. (note: if you have many, please downsize your sample to 2-3 domains since the method is not fully-automated currently.)
(3) Please do not rely on these appraisal scores (this is some sort of disclaimer).

Just to provide some benchmark values, below are my appraisal scores (0-5 scale) of .app domains which were reported on NameBio as sold:

host.app = 4.73 (reported sale: $13,981)
rn.app = 4.42 (reported sale: $15,000)
hedgefund.app = 3.13 (reported sale: $251)
youproductive.app = 1.63 (reported sale: $1,300)
qar.app = 3.36 (reported sale: $117)

Probable FAQ: Why are you doing this?
A: I'm just trying to verify how well my appraisal algorithm performs.

Good luck on your sales.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TravelFriend.app
FindYourFit.app
FindMyPet.app
AllinOne.app
TheUltimate.app

Thanks in advance

•••
how much will be appriasal for onlinestreaming.app. Please help

•••
I have no idea why they disappeared from NameBio. When I go to the website for RN I notice that it is not secure, and https is required for .app so maybe the buyer did not meet conditions to become the new owner? Just wondering, no idea why they were announced then taken off.

There are a bunch of .app sales on DNPric.es which are not on NameBio, but they don't show up there either:
http://dnpric.es/?q=.app

Also SoldDomains is only showing two .app sales.
http://sold.domains/search-sold-domains/

@MetBob, @andNames, fyi, "host" is back on NameBio. $13,981 via Sedo (Date: Jul 19, 2018).

•••
•••
•••
Hi un1 👋🏻

If you are still appraising, can you check these?

Recliner.app
Damages.app
Owns.app

Thank you for what you’re doing 😊

•••
Hello,

MugShots → app
Horticulture → app
CyberWeek → app
SkiReport → app

Thank you!

= 3.51
= 2.88
= 2.16
= 2.32

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
。。

Last edited:
•••
Bragging.jpg

•••
•••
Hope you don't mind, but I'm really interested in seeing how a few of my two-word 'shop' and 'store' keyword combination [.app] domains rate..

BitcoinShop.app
BitcoinStore.app
TokenShop.app
TokenStore.app

CannaShop.app
CannaStore.app
RxShop.app
RxStore.app

Cheers, and thanks so much for your time. I'm definitely keeping an eye on how this gets refined!

•••
Hi un1,
i´m curious about the score of my .app based on your scale :)
Could you have a look at it?

LiFi.app
gpsTracker.app
StockTracker.app
ForexSignals.app
CryptoTrading.app
KochRezepte.app

Thank you!!

•••
•••
•••
•••
If seeking another one with a sold price for scaling purposes, I was on GoValue and noticed a comparator app sale of sudoko(.)app for $30.

•••
•••
Pager.app
Aromatherapy.app
BlockChainTrading.app

Thanks for doing this. It's an interesting thread.

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back