Domain Empire

If you have the guts to register .PRO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmmm might reg one or two... .pro is still too expensive for me

•••
They didn't even try to come up with a good list. Here's one line taken at random:

slump.pro slung.pro slunk.pro slurp.pro slush.pro slyly.pro smack.pro small.pro smash.pro smear.pro

Most of us could come up with a better list in five minutes is my guess. For $50/$100 per year, we deserve better keywords!

•••
:lol: Don't let it bother you!

•••
nice list, but if anyone registers any .pro names they need a check up from the neck up....

•••
Hahaha, I used to use a free ".pro.tc" name for a site I used to run.

".pro" is certainly not "pro" compared to "com" - the list sucks, I agree!

•••
collieri said:
nice list, but if anyone registers any .pro names they need a check up from the neck up....

Thanks for the fantastic idea collieri , I accepted it and registered BOTH:

ANYPRONAMES.PRO, &
ACHECKUPFROMTHENECKUP.PRO :laugh:

•••
•••
William9 said:
Thanks for the fantastic idea collieri , I accepted it and registered BOTH:

ANYPRONAMES.PRO, &
ACHECKUPFROMTHENECKUP.PRO :laugh:

Those are even worse than encirca's list. :p Reg fee even in .com. I truly hope you are just joking.

•••
armstrong said:
Those are even worse than encirca's list. :p Reg fee even in .com. I truly hope you are just joking.

I am sorry for the delayed response Armstrong. I just got back from my annual fiscal. The doctor just called me and told the test results: NOTHING REGISTERED. OK, enough humor and back to appraisals of hyphen-ated domains.

•••
William9 said:
I am sorry for the delayed response Armstrong. I just got back from my annual fiscal. The doctor just called me and told the test results: NOTHING REGISTERED. OK, enough humor and back to appraisals of hyphen-ated domains.

Humor... Oh I see.....

Would that be funny "ha ha" or funny "peculiar"..?

Oh btw fyi, in .com

funny-haha - already registered
funny-peculiar - already registered
funnyhaha - already registered
funnypeculiar - already registered

But all available in .pro you'll be pleased to hear.... :p

•••
Today is the last day to get the pro discount

Today is the last day to get .pro's for $49.

Last edited:
•••
I like my .pro domain. not sure why anyone would say pro is bad..but have .in, .ws or other domains as such.... to me... and agreed..it's just opinion... but to me .pro is much more likely to become a successful TLD than anythin else.

my prediction is it will overcome .net once the reg fee becomes reasonable.

thats something that frustrates me to no end. Business thinking they can make more money selling 10,000 names at $50 rather than selling 10,000,000 at $9.

by selling as such they are only hurting themselves. there is NOTHING for them to protect, nothing to defend... no absolute reason or common sense involved in that.

•••
You must remember Lee that there are several other parties involved, also this is what is called price skimming, if you want a good name youve got to pay big $ if not you have to wait. Now thats a well known business activity and makes them more money than just pricing them down to $9 immediatly.

•••
Zeeble said:
You must remember Lee that there are several other parties involved, also this is what is called price skimming, if you want a good name youve got to pay big $ if not you have to wait. Now thats a well known business activity and makes them more money than just pricing them down to $9 immediatly.

I truly hope that you are correct Zeeble, that we all were rushed to buy at $50 before the price drops to $9. D-:

•••
Somebody please be sure to send me a message if they drop the price to $9. :)

•••
-db- said:

Me too! He He :lol:

•••
-db- said:

<runs out to order more credit cards>

•••
I never liked this extension lol

•••
LeeRyder said:
n... but to me .pro is much more likely to become a successful TLD than anythin else.

I have to disagree with this. The .pro TLD will NEVER beat .net, even with verisign running the .net registry.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
LeeRyder said:
n... but to me .pro is much more likely to become a successful TLD than anythin else.

I have to disagree with this. The .pro TLD will NEVER beat .net, even with verisign running the .net registry.

Maybe not, but it will surely be the next best thing...

Last edited:
•••
-db- said:
SORRY, THE FOLLOWING WAS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE:
WTF!?? They just announced that .PROs are now down from $49 to $29 !!?? See:http:/www.encrica.biz/af-040105.htm
Some nerve!!

Last edited:
•••
Prosperous,

You just sent me into widespread panic. That was not cool.
Glad you were playing though.

•••
Heh, April Fools! Wasn't the end of the link a bit of a giveaway?

Hope you didn't almost choke on a sandwich from reading my exciting .PRO news! :laugh:

Best,
Rob

•••
The April fool is for anyone registering .pro (unless you grab one of about 200 names worth anything).. Aside from that, at $49 well.....

Anyone taken name.pro yet :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back