IT.COM

If a good name is available, how fast we should act

NameSilo
Watch

OceanKing

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

i lost 2 names during last 30 days for front running.
how fast you act (registering it) when u find a good domain name is available?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you find a good domain available, why wait till someone else takes it?

Just regirster it the very first second you see it, unless you are really not very sure about it.

Last edited:
•••
Please don't take offence, but this seems a bit of a silly question.

If I find what I deem as a good name, I'm not going to wait. I will grab it straight away. Why risk someone else getting it for the sake of a few $

•••
i lost 2 names during last 30 days for front running

Hi

you can't lose what you never had
as others have said, why wait, why procrastinate or hesitate

guess you gotta check what bot say first, huh?

also, what registrar did you use the check availability of the domain?

imo...

•••
If you can’t take a chance on $8, and your instincts then your in the wrong business.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks guys. hmm the domains i lost are which i kept to register in couple of days or in a week due the financial availability at that time :sneaky:

also another reason is two minded weather this is an important one over the another available at that time. keep some for until an offer become avaiaible.

I use godaddy, whois.com etc mostly to find domain avilabilities.

Edited : both the domains i lost are registred in godaddy.

Last edited:
•••
Sometimes looking at deleted domain list, I click "favorite" to put on my favorite list w/o buying them. In less than 1 week those list always 70% not available domains.

•••
also another reason is two minded weather this is an important one over the another available at that time.
Can someone please translate?

•••
I never search names on Godaddy anymore because I noticed that was happing a while ago. I search on porkbun and then go to godaddy and register. I thought maybe it was just me thinking that was happening.

•••

另一个原因是两心的天气,这比当时的另一个天气重要。

Done, ( sorry I couldn't help myself, 🤣 )

•••
I'm gonna register crypto.com any day now.

•••
tonight i found...dishygirl.com...it was in private hands since oct 2007. the owner didn't want to or forgot to renew. 2 minutes after i found it, it was in my dynadot account.

•••
•••
I believed that he meant 'He thought this domain is more important than the other domain at that time'.

Anyway, I would register it right away when I see it. However, the domain normally already registered when I see it.

•••
Recently i missed Catties.com in droping list i just thinking register or not and when i go for reg then domain registered by some one within few second, so i learn if you really like a domain don't wait just grab it.

•••
once you have done a feasibility study on a name, if the metrics are there, their are a multitude of companies on google in the niche, the price is right, pull that trigger fast and buy it. IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back