Dynadot

idn.рф 250,000 registrations in 1st 24 hours!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
And currently 28,000 IDN.рф in auction for those names with more than 1 application

And the majority of the western world sleeps on currently infatuated with with the cctld of Colombia. :lol:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Stay away from those idn.рф reggs :) Too shady, too corrupt system they have there. in addition, its kind of .co rush - its just marketing of useless (yet) domains. IMHO

I don't think you can compare .rf and .co. .co is half-run by the USA and has a known crack team of business people putting it out there. Good infrastructure with steady growth of registrations and premium domain prices.

If you've watched the unfolding of this company for the last year (.co) , you'd know what I mean.

There were no US$10 Mill bids at .co auctions. I think a red flag would have gone up if there was.

•••
anyone dared to step in? :D
any valuables to show here?

•••
Hello from Russia )
Yes we are having domain madness with our new idn РФ(rf).
Super premium names from auction were frezzed by the authorities, but still we are having first good auction sale, end user has payed 43 000 $ for бутик.рф (boutique)

•••
•••
Does anyone have a list of auction results for .rf? That would be interesting.

•••
Crazy

I was in about ten auctions. nic.ru registrar.
Crazy bidding, even the ones I thought I might have a chance in got out of reach.

And one of them was prolonged over endtime, when the bids werent high enough...

The russian customerservice now wants me to make a claim with my creditcardprovider to get the refund.

All in all - the experience is "shady", as stated earlier.

The registrar is under investigation, and not trustworthy.

•••
I was in about ten auctions. nic.ru registrar.
Crazy bidding, even the ones I thought I might have a chance in got out of reach.

And one of them was prolonged over endtime, when the bids werent high enough...

The russian customerservice now wants me to make a claim with my creditcardprovider to get the refund.

All in all - the experience is "shady", as stated earlier.

The registrar is under investigation, and not trustworthy.

But at least something is being done about it not something you tend to see in west after shady deals/tm's to obtain the best names.

http://idnblog.com/2010/12/15/exclusive-interview-andrei-kolsenikov/

•••
I wouldn't touch those .rf with a long pole - too toxic.
And the .rf market is expected to collapse at the renewal time.

•••
idn.рф

idn.рф had had about 700,000 total registrations as of year end.

The sales figures are only available to those that bid in each auction; but information is coming out bit by bit on various Russian websites and forums.

•••
I wouldn't touch those .rf with a long pole - too toxic.
And the .rf market is expected to collapse at the renewal time.

Quite correct.

But you do know that .rf and .рф are two different extensions?

The fraudulent auction bidding is being dealt with my Nic.ru in quite plain sight.

700,000 registrations in 2 months-whew!

•••
Quite correct.

But you do know that .rf and .рф are two different extensions?

The fraudulent auction bidding is being dealt with my Nic.ru in quite plain sight.

700,000 registrations in 2 months-whew!

Over time, it is expected that .rf is going to take a backseat to idn.рф. Just too convenient for internet users (particularly those that don't speak english) to use their own language.

Be interesting to see the impact on idn.com when com and net get translated to .idn in native languages....which will include idn.kom and idn.net both in Russian transliterals which will happen hopefully later this year, or by mid 2012.

•••
wot;4018395 The fraudulent auction bidding is being dealt with my Nic.ru in quite plain sight. [/QUOTE said:
You own Nic.ru?

•••
•••
domain: NIC.RU
nserver: ns.ripn.net.
nserver: ns.spb.su.
nserver: ns2.ripn.net.
nserver: ns5.msk-ix.net.
state: REGISTERED, DELEGATED, VERIFIED
org: Autonomous noncommercial organisation Regional Network Information Center
phone: +7 495 7370617
fax-no: +7 495 7377673
e-mail: [email protected]
e-mail: [email protected]
registrar: RUCENTER-REG-RIPN
created: 1997.11.28
paid-till: 2011.12.01
source: TCI ???????????????

•••
nic.ru will be fine, at most - fined a little.

.рф will collapse? joking no? in 10 years .ru will collapse (latin alphabet is foreign to Russia). but .рф will rule in Russia - I see big future for it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back