Dynadot

idn.mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just wonder is that possible or when will idn.mobi to be available?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its not practical because entering IDNs on a phone will be impossible (at least in the USA), for now.

•••
JRBHosting said:
Its not practical because entering IDNs on a phone will be impossible (at least in the USA), for now.

Agreed~

•••
tansks said:
Just wonder is that possible or when will idn.mobi to be available?
Recent language additions to .info, .org, and .biz would indicate it shouldn't be too long.

Once they smell a dollar in it, I suspect it will be implemented.

•••
JRBHosting said:
You mean entering one's "native language".

In Japan that will be the case pretty soon that you will be able to enter japanese characters.

•••
•••
I hope it comes soon, I've got two good 'uns in mind...

•••
моби.com - Mobi in Russian
モビ.com - Mobi in Japanese
موبي.com - Mobi in Arabic

This is probably as far as I'm willing to go for 'mobi' :cy:

•••
What is mobile in those languages ?

•••
Charley said:
What is mobile in those languages ?
モバイル is mobile in japanese

•••
DNWizardX9 said:
You mean entering one's "native language".

In Japan that will be the case pretty soon that you will be able to enter japanese characters.

Pretty soon! You have been able to do this for years. The Japanese invented mobile browsing.

thefabfive said:

This is probably as far as I'm willing to go for 'mobi' :cy:

If the way the ASCII boys are going about it is a pointer, you should be registring any random sequence of under ten characters.

Personally, it just leaves me cold. I cannot see any need or any future for dot mobi.

There are so many Wanabees out there now, that all you have to do make a bloody fortune is to bring out a new domain and hype it, but it seems to me that the Scamsters have reached new lows on this one.

I think this is just about where the new extension speculation is going to end. All bubbles are preceded by ever more exuberrant speculation, until it is plain to everyone that the prices are no longer sustainable and there are no insufficient Noobies to provide the ever increasing investment capital required to support those prices.

What a party! There is going to be one hell of a hangover!

•••
JRBHosting said:

I personally think .mobi is a total bust - it is unnecessary. But regardless, I cannot understand the logic in this statement plus it is factually wrong. The last market anyone cares about for IDNs is the US market so what does it matter that we cannot enter IDNs into a cellphone? The average Japanese can type an email in Japanese on their cellphone faster than 99% of US people. I believe Opera and other browsers are mostly IDN compatible already.

•••
Mobile browsing Monetization is going to face a large number of obstacles, just like IDN has. It would seem with IDN that we are getting close to the end of the Journey, with Mobile browsing dot Mobi or otherwise the problems are only beginning in my opinion.

Google needs to differentiate for customers order clicks. It is no good a customer paying for mobile traffic until their website is mobile compatible. Once Google has provided the facility for advertising customers to make this choice, it then needs as many of them as possible to make their website compatible for mobile browsing, otherwise there is little point them receiving that traffic. How many smaller companies will want to do this anyway?

Will mobile clicks be the same value as fixed line clicks? Nobody really knows, but one is likely to produce more than the other in each case so pricing structures will need to be independent. If these companies are going to accept both types of traffic through the same Adwords campaign, how is that going to be squared with them having different URLs? Anyone who thinks that problems associated with Mobile browsing are going to any more straight forward than those with IDN are dreaming. We have'nt even started to look at whether the parking site are producing mobile compatible parking pages.

•••
But I think the only problem is .mobi is not in native language. Maybe mobile browser can auto complete with .mobi.

•••
Its not possible, but in Future we trust…

•••
o3e said:
Its not possible, but in Future we trust…

It is Very much a REality Now !

picture24vc.png

picture16ee.png

•••
thanks

Good Insight. Great photo's. A picture really is worth a thousand words. (or symbols)

Too bad I am not able to read it but it looks good enough for me.

Rock On! :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back