IT.COM

IDN ccTLD or .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello, I am trying to understand the idn's.

If I wanted to buy a Chinese IDN say having to do with money 钱. Should I do it with the com or Chinese cctld? 钱(dot)com or 钱(dot)中国 ?

Someone typing in Chinese character and then switching over to latin com letters would seem a bit awkward (even with the proper software to work with a keyboard).

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You've picked up on the main reason why people think the .com extension in Chinese will be popular. It makes more sense to type .com in Chinese letters. I don't know how popular it is currently though, can anyone fill us in?

•••
There are .com sites already set up with key Chinese characters.

There are four Chinese language TLDs including .cn and 网络, 中国 and 公司 (the last 3 comparable to the current net, gov, and com). Individuals can not as yet directly apply for these. I haven't completely read though this buy you can check the rules and regulations on the English version of the CNNIC website - www1.cnnic.cn/en/index/index.htm.

I haven't had time to delve into it. I was thinking of setting up a site for my own business in China but, seems to be a bit complicated.

•••
There are .com sites already set up with key Chinese characters.

There are four Chinese language TLDs including .cn and 网络, 中国 and 公司 (the last 3 comparable to the current net, gov, and com). Individuals can not as yet directly apply for these. I haven't completely read though this buy you can check the rules and regulations on the English version of the CNNIC website - www1.cnnic.cn/en/index/index.htm.

I haven't had time to delve into it. I was thinking of setting up a site for my own business in China but, seems to be a bit complicated.

There are 6 options in the cctld alone.

网.cn
網.cn
网.中国
网.中國
網.中国
網.中國

•••
Cctld are good if you are targeting local audience.

•••
.com is more valuable than ccTLD
Because smartphone has .com button, it is my opinion

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back