Dynadot

IDN - 1 characters

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Should I bother reggin a 1 character IDN domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.com's? Sure, perhaps. If it was a more widely used character then more likely than if it was some random asian character. (My knowledge here is limited, but basically the more often the character appears and the more likely a keyboard would have it as a default option, the better).

Yikes, that was a weak answer... still, 1 characters that appear often in a google search might help.

Allan = waffle.

-Allan

•••
You can't register one character domains anymore (even if they are idn). They maybe shown as available for registration but at the end you just get a refund from your registrar D-: I've tried to reg some good ones recently but without any success...

•••
•••
Yes snoppi you can reg one char IDNs, but not > ALL < characters....

And if you have found a one char .com IDN that you can reg, do reg it...

•••
Yep, I have a couple single character Chinese domains. Not many left though - I was surprised when I got mine.

And I verified by looking at a site that showed in descending cumulative order by popularity. My characters are not even rare at all.

•••
sooty said:
Yep, I have a couple single character Chinese domains. Not many left though - I was surprised when I got mine.

And I verified by looking at a site that showed in descending cumulative order by popularity. My characters are not even rare at all.

Would you care to give us a link to the site?

•••
i got the middle dot .net

alt + 0250

·.net

neat eh?

•••
Please...

sooty said:

Oh, please share sooty!

•••
if want to get one chart domain....
can PM to discuss to me.....:)
I just get ten* one chart domain...(not IDN)

p.s I think every one chart domain is ok...still have its valuse whether high or low

•••
I'd say definetly register a one-letter IDN .COM if you know an available one.For a long time they were all registered,and the ones that have been dropping lately get scooped quick.
I've sold a bunch,and you can easily get $100-$300 on the Afternic Bazaar for one if you want some quick cash.
I think DomainSite and Idotz.net work best for registering 1-letter IDN's--and Idotz allows a few more characters than DomainSite.

•••
Dillpup said:
I'd say definetly register a one-letter IDN .COM if you know an available one.For a long time they were all registered,and the ones that have been dropping lately get scooped quick.
I've sold a bunch,and you can easily get $100-$300 on the Afternic Bazaar for one if you want some quick cash.
I think DomainSite and Idotz.net work best for registering 1-letter IDN's--and Idotz allows a few more characters than DomainSite.
I don't think idotz accepts 1 letter.

There aren'y many good ones left, most of the ones which I own are .nets, but they have 1mil+ google results each(cyrillic). I think that they are a good investment as they get around 1 unique a day, and this will certainly rise.

•••
Hey guys, I forgot this thread...

I'm completely sure -I have read it somewhere- that you are not allowed ---anymore--- to reg one caracter idn domains (from three and upwards). This was accepted in the past but has been changed (after ICANN put some standards on idn domain registrations, e.g. only specific characters can be regged-not symbols etc. etc.).

Even though I've tried to find that article it was not possible. (I have over 1000s bookmarks!!! D-: )

So, I bet it's not possible to reg one character domains anymore. If someone has regged a single character domain after 1/1/2005 I'll give him/her all my NPs :p :lol:

•••
snoopi said:

I'm completely sure -I have read it somewhere- that you are not allowed ---anymore--- to reg one caracter idn domains (from three and upwards). This was accepted in the past but has been changed (after ICANN put some standards on idn domain registrations, e.g. only specific characters can be regged-not symbols etc. etc.).

Even though I've tried to find that article it was not possible. (I have over 1000s bookmarks!!! D-: )

So, I bet it's not possible to reg one character domains anymore. If someone has regged a single character domain after 1/1/2005 I'll give him/her all my NPs :p :lol:

Well,I registered a one letter IDN .com on 1/10/05...BUT I just attempted to register an available 1-character .NET to test this news and it didn't go through.It's looking like they are not allowed anymore!
This is great news for one-letter/symbol IDN owners like myself.I'll have to be sure not to let any drop or they'll be gone forever.
I would be very interested to read this article.I'd like to know what exactly they restricted,what symbols are allowed,etc.If you find it,please post it!

•••
calian and slaughterbeck, here is the site I was talking about:

"The most common Chinese characters in order of frequency"

By the way, I regged no. 71 in the list, no. 175 and no. 280, all reg'd in January. snoopi, I'll have those NPs please ;)

I personally reg with domainsite.

Some registrations will fail because you can only register one of either the simplified version or traditional version of the Chinese character, not both - because they mean the same thing!

I think that single character, no matter what they mean, will have value based on their brevity. You can't beat a single character.

In the UK, we have a football team that carries a main Chinese sponsor, and the lettering is in Chinese, despite it being an English club - that's the impact that a localised slogan can have. I am confident in IDNs no matter what the naysayers say. Pretty low risk investment with only upside if you ask me.

•••
snoopi said:

ok well i did, around 1 month ago. hmm...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back