Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Idea

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeble

New.Net Destroyer....Established Member
Impact
17
I have an idea for the auctions section.

How about being able to have simple eBay syle auctions inside a thread?

e.g. a title, pic etc. But also a timing device auto emailing buyer and seller with paypal and NP equivalent.

Would work much better than the current confusing system.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Great idea :tu:!

I think it certainly is possible. An auction script would do it, correct?

Nice idea :kickass: if implemented properly.

I agree, I do see the need for it; confusing time zones and "bidding ends 12 hours after last bid" is quite hard to follow, IMHO.


Thanks!

True_Snake
 
0
•••
It would also prevent early auction ending etc. which would be a blessing for all! =D
 
0
•••
I'd have to agree - it's very annoying to make a bid and then you get a PM two minutes saying "oh btw, I already sold the domain." It's, of course, up to you guys as I'm sure you've probably discussed this, but I think it'd be well used.
 
0
•••
It's a gteat idea, but it's hard to program I guess..
 
0
•••
Thanks, im glad you guys like the idea :).
I think you could just integrate a PHP auction script.
I like the idea of NP$, paypal stormpay etc integration.
 
0
•••
Good idea folks.
 
0
•••
folks? Don't you mean Zeeble ;) LOL!
 
0
•••
I like the idea. Something similar to the current system at DN Forum, but better ;)

Tom
 
0
•••
I'm supporting this all the way, unless someone gives a reason for it not to happen :p
 
0
•••
hehe, I had this idea a while back for a forum of mine, but I never around to it. I think it would be great for this sites reputation.
 
0
•••
Great idea. Would love to see something like this on NamePros :D
 
0
•••
Hope RJ sees this thread.....
 
0
•••
Let's e-mail this thread to him :D damn i would even donate money if that's what it takes to get this goin' :D and im sure im not the only one who would do that !

Studio :wave:
 
0
•••
I personally think that its a great idea, It would greatly enhance the selling experience on NP. NP can even chrage NP$ to start an auction......
heym RJ, 10% please ;)
 
0
•••
It would be nice to know if RJ has seen this thread. I honestly think that it would greatly enhance the NP experience. This kind of thing would create more interest in NP and activity and ease of use on the sales boards.
I developed the idea, I don't often just give out my ideas in case I want to use them later, but I felt that NP could do with something like this....
Would be a real shame if this thread was ignored.

A few more things to add to the idea:
Automatically checks whois against members reg details to check if the domain belongs to them.
 
0
•••
Zeeble said:
Automatically checks whois against members reg details to check if the domain belongs to them.

I think that might be pretty hard to do, but the rest of it is definitely doable.

Tom
 
0
•••
I don't see why it would be hard to do.....
Im not a programmer, but surely, it could just check whois, and check that against user details submitted.
 
0
•••
The reason it might be hard is because most whois databases have security features such as typing in a code or displaying the data as an image, so that people can't just do something like this. I could be wrong, but I believe most whois databases prevent people from doing this.

Tom
 
0
•••
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back