Dynadot

debate .id ccTLD open registration, worth anything?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

exa-Edward

Established Member
Impact
.id domain previous was Indonesia ccTLD and limit to only Indonesian registrations. After it has opened for public registration, it has re-branded this domain to .id = identity.

What you is your thought on this? ccTLD open for public registration will it worth anything? Any limitation you all see?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One of my clients prefer use .co.id to .com / .id. "It feels more legal", he said. Everybody can register .com and .id freely, but .co.id can't. Nice reason, I think.

•••
eth.id redirect to ethereum.org

•••
many brands register .id because the future potential is good like .CO / .ME, rarely known to anyone, is now popular

I have two .id domains with a good niche

•••
.id domain previous was Indonesia ccTLD and limit to only Indonesian registrations. After it has opened for public registration, it has re-branded this domain to .id = identity.

What you is your thought on this? ccTLD open for public registration will it worth anything? Any limitation you all see?

I have found many startup companies that use .ID especially the security company and identity & access management company

•••
I have found many startup companies that use .ID especially the security company and identity & access management company

Yea, .ID registry has brand themselves into identity and security related image.

•••
Surely for nice hacks or the odd security/tech company, but just giving a quick look I found many popular terms (in English and Indonesian) available to purchase + only one .id in the top 50 popular sites (.co.id seems to be preferred), so selling to local end users might not be so easy

Last edited:
•••
.id is unique extension, but still unpopular.

•••
Surely for nice hacks or the odd security/tech company, but just giving a quick look I found many popular terms (in English and Indonesian) available to purchase + only one .id in the top 50 popular sites (.co.id seems to be preferred), so selling to local end users might not be so easy
Yea, i notice that too. It is strange that they prefer .co.id over .id, I am not sure is it because .id only available for registration later than .co.id or is it .id initial pricing is too expensive to register.

•••
One of my clients prefer use .co.id to .com / .id. "It feels more legal", he said. Everybody can register .com and .id freely, but .co.id can't. Nice reason, I think.

Do you know Trustee Service? everybody can have .co.id with Trustee Service, just pay the cost of course

•••
Do you know Trustee Service? everybody can have .co.id with Trustee Service, just pay the cost of course
Yes, of course I know. But some people here still have traditional mindset.

•••
Same goes to a few ccTLD, if you have a business registered documents, you can easily get their country domain without being at that country.

•••
.id is amazing , I could help every people to get .id for 3 or 4 letter, include .co.id or .ID only. For any country , any business and anything.

•••
I support every buyer with our legal document, instant processed in 1 - 2 day after completed payment.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back