Dynadot

domains ICANN transcript .Org ISOC, PIR, Ethos Capital (67-VCF/1)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
March 09 2020: The transcript is available here (PDF) + Attached

... Thank you, everybody, for joining us for the first public forum of ICANN67 and our first-ever entirely virtual public forum. These public forums are very important to us. We cannot do our job well if we don't hear from you. It is our responsibility to act in the collective interest of all stakeholders and to hear directly from you about what's on your mind. This is a special public forum, and it will be different from other forums we've held before. The focus of this session is the proposed transfer of ownership of the Public Interest Registry, PIR. There has been tremendous interest and concern expressed by the community about the proposed transfer. The board of directors felt it was important and necessary for the community to have the opportunity to provide input that will become part of the public record.

ICANN and the Board are committed to being as transparent as possible as we've been throughout this entire process. This commitment is not just the view of the Board, it is also set out in ICANN's bylaws. We believe it's important and necessary to be factual and correct any misconceptions about ICANN's role, authority, and commitments to the community.

Neither the Board nor ICANN org can address to questions and issues that relate to ISOC, PIR, Ethos Capital, or other parties involved in this proposed transfer. We will provide you with an update on the matter. And after that, we will open the floor for your comments and statements.

The transcript is available here (PDF) + Attached

Attachments

• icann67-pir-ethos-org.pdf
    285.5 KB · Views: 174
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've just finished reading the whole document. I don't think the meeting answered any of the unanswered questions. (well it wasn't designed to) All observations were noted and we will find out what ICANN really think/want when they announce their decision. They definitely don't seem to want to actually engage in any real meaningful discussion before making their decision. A fait accomplis. IMHO. I'd be shocked if they don't approve this transfer to Ethos. It has all the impressions of a done deal. Hence no real meaningful discussion is possible.

•••
I've just finished reading the whole document. I don't think the meeting answered any of the unanswered questions. (well it wasn't designed to) All observations were noted and we will find out what ICANN really think/want when they announce their decision. They definitely don't seem to want to actually engage in any real meaningful discussion before making their decision. A fait accomplis. IMHO. I'd be shocked if they don't approve this transfer to Ethos. It has all the impressions of a done deal. Hence no real meaningful discussion is possible.

If they find a way to approve ... in a year or two the .org reg. numbers will go downhill 30-35% (3 million less).

•••
Community Dialogue on the Proposed Transfer of Ownership of the Public Interest Registry

ICANN has published responses to questions.

read more (PDF) download (Attached)

Attachments

• icann-org-qa.pdf
    115.7 KB · Views: 178
•••
Question # 17 ˆ - Potential conflict of interest.
Does any member of this board stand to gain financially from the sale of PIR and its future operation by Ethos Capital?

giphy.gif

ICANN Answer

No Board member has identified a financial interest in the sale of PIR to Ethos Capital. See Summary of ICANN’s Officers and Directors at: icann.org/resources/pages/governance/sois-en . Similarly, no member of the ICANN org, through ICANN’s internal Conflicts of Interest process, has identified a financial interest in the sale. In addition, in its first request for additional information, ICANN also asked PIR to provide a list of all current directors, officers or employees of ICANN, if any, that are or have been involved in, have advised on or otherwise have an interest in the transaction. PIR responded to that inquiry with “none.”.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back