domains Ethos Capital To Acquire Controlling Interest of Donuts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
After failing to acquire Public Interest Registry (PIR) the entity that runs the .org extension, Ethos Capital is back in the headlines. They have added to their investment in Donuts, Inc. and now have the controlling stake. On their website Erik Brooks and Fadi Chehadé the Co-CEO's announced the following: As Co-CEOs of Ethos Capital, LLC (“Ethos Capital”), we are happy to announce that … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LOL.

Have fun being owned by a “for profit” VC firm.

Last edited:
•••
I was thinking Ethos and Donuts not the same owner?

•••
•••
I've been spammed by Donuts just because I JV'd with a friend to buy a domain that their "registry" dropped.

Now Ethos is in charge, wonder what will happen (:

•••
I've been spammed by Donuts just because I JV'd with a friend to buy a domain that their "registry" dropped.

Now Ethos is in charge, wonder what will happen (:
Keep dreaming

The names are proper

•••
I guess you can say that's a .rip

I don't own any of their extensions anyways.

•••
•••
I probably own a few of donuts extensions not knowingly

•••
Just had a quick look at donuts website and i see they use a gtld

Well they use at least 2 gtlds

Which i find interesting when all i hear is must have the dot com must have the dot com etc etc etc

When obviously the reverse is true

Must have the gtld lol

But back to topic

Tru domains etc if part of donuts etc

I have owned a

.careers

And wish i still did

Have owned a

.solutions

And curreently own a

.enterprises

And a

.support

Which i think are donuts gtld extensions etc

•••
We will see, but I fear this development may not be for the better for new extension investors.

Bob

•••
We will see, but I fear this development may not be for the better for new extension investors.

I'm sure that will be the case now they own more than 50%. In the announcement I read, there was a lot of wishy-washy language about equal partners. It'll be Donuts on steroids with Ethos Capital ultimately in charge.

Where can we get a full list of all the NGTLDs owned/operated by Donuts. I think I'm going to cut-back severely my investment in those domains.

•••
Where can we get a full list of all the NGTLDs owned/operated by Donuts. I think I'm going to cut-back severely my investment in those domains.
This may not show their last acquisition(s) but here is a pretty complete list, with the 239 TLDs managed by DONUTS.
https://ntldstats.com/registry/group/Donuts-Inc

Live, life, world, today, solutions, services, ltd, company, group, agency, digital, network, center are among the more registered ones that I think some investors handle, but many, many more. They have a number of the best words.

Depending their approach, things will not necessarily be negative for investors. Right now they deeply discount year one in many of these and have hefty renewals even for standard often in $20 to $60 range. If they were to move renewal costs lower, I think it could work for both them and investors.

Bob

•••
This may not show their last acquisition(s) but here is a pretty complete list, with the 239 TLDs managed by DONUTS.
https://ntldstats.com/registry/group/Donuts-Inc

Live, life, world, today, solutions, services, ltd, company, group, agency, digital, network, center are among the more registered ones that I think some investors handle, but many, many more. They have a number of the best words.

Depending their approach, things will not necessarily be negative for investors. Right now they deeply discount year one in many of these and have hefty renewals even for standard often in $20 to $60 range. If they were to move renewal costs lower, I think it could work for both them and investors.

Bob

Thanks for the list of NGTLDs managed by Donuts. I think it is an anathema to think they will EVER reduce prices of renewals. But that's just my personal opinion. I'm going to take a serious look to see if I can reduce substantially my exposure to Donuts domains. I think it's going to need some hard choices.

•••
After checking out their list of domains, I see they have some reasonably cheap domains in some reasonably good extensions, as well as some reasonably expensive domains in some both good and bad extensions. I just have to sort them all out and decide which to drop. Thanks.

•••
After checking out their list of domains, I see they have some reasonably cheap domains in some reasonably good extensions, as well as some reasonably expensive domains
Yes, I agree that their renewal rates are rather variable among TLDs, and fortunately some of the better ones have renewal rates higher than .com but not by a huge factor. I currently have a mix of some low and some high renewal names. I think even the $60 ones don't scare off end users, but definitely change the economics over multi-year holds as investments.
Bob

•••
Back