Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Platinums

Established Member
Impact
They are took all drops!-_-
Guys please stop using dropcatch.:|

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They buy a lot of domains under the drop. They've spent multi-millions on all their registrars, and multi-millions more on their software. When they started out, it was a risky investment. But they have mastered the drop, like none other. They are working within the system which ICANN setup. I think their business model of buying low and selling high, is no different from all of us. I greatly admire what they have achieved in our industry. I might get uptight that they have such a dominant stance in the drop. But truely admire what they have achieved. And take my hat off to them.

In fact. If I ever backorder a domain, I use DropCatch. Because they have about 75% of the market (I guess). I rarely, but sometimes, win the domain outright. But you have to use a a full priced backorder, because HugeDomains will watch their discount club backorders and probably also backorder these domains. It's a mugs game giving your hard earned knowledge away to HugeDomains for free. Nothing underhand in what HugeDomains are doing. It's in DropCatch's ToS.

I might sometimes backorder at NameJet as well. But never use them solely because they are the underdog on the drop. Anybody else mostly have no reasonable chance against these two behemoths. It's all about size and infrastructure. Nobody else comes even close.

Last edited:
•••
When I say ICANN setup. I mean it's a free-for-all after the domain actually drops. ICANN have nothing to say if the domain isn't registered.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back