Domain Empire

question ICA should Dissolve or Litigate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
ICA should either dissolve or direct every cent it raises towards litigation. This is my opinion.

They are trying to influence through opinions and it doesn't seem to work.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keeping it real are we?

In general, I tend to agree that they might be playing too nice. Realpolitik sometimes requires a different approach. I am not sure the lovely volunteers at ICA are up for that.

The good news is that a decentralized Internet alternative is waiting in the wings in the event that the nice guy approach does not find some happy compromise with those who engage in tyrannical overreach.

That said, when it comes to policy and letter-writing, I am not sure there is a great alternative. Wonder what ICA members think about their esteemed institution.

I did recently pitch ICA on doing a membership drive to get them some budget and increase their reach. They need 10,000 members not ~90. Right now it does seem a bit of a supper club with volunteers.

•••
Right now it seems like a total failure, they might as well dissolve.

•••
Right now it seems like a total failure, they might as well dissolve.

I would not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

The famished fawn in the headlights of today can be the lethal buck of tomorrow.

Will wait for the ICA long-timers to comment.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back