IT.COM

Searching For Best Hosting Companies

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm looking for people who've used various different hosting companies over the years and who can offer a good recommendation.

I have sites hosted with Web.com (formerly Interland). I can say without emotion or exaggeration that this is THE WORST HOSTING EXPERIENCE I have ever had. In fact, working with Web.com is the worst experience I've ever had on the Internet.

* Horrible customer service (if you can ever get through)

* Complete system outage for 12 days this past December, leaving my retail site totally inaccessible from December 19 - 30. They kept assuring me systems would be back up "by tomorrow". No explanation. No updates. Still no apology.

Clearly, time to move on. I'm hoping I can migrate to a hosting company where customer service is valued and downtime is viewed as an existential threat.

Site gets about 1,000 visitors/day, various MySql databases, active e-commerce. Will still keep a shared server, but I want the option to upgrade to dedicated server.

I've read a few good reviews about BlueHost, Hostmonster, ThePlanet & GoDaddy..

Any suggestions would be VERY appreciated. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
moonlight, I used iwhic.com for a year last year and had in total about 91% uptime. On the better half it was up a bit but the other 9% accounted for about 2-3 weeks down alone. A heads up, be prepared for downtime if you go with them...

•••
•••
haha , "Complete system outage for 12 days this past December" is more like joking, sorry to heard that man !

really for specification you mentioned "1,000 visitors/day, various MySql databases, active e-commerce"
i recommend shared hosting on some well-known companies,

•••
Hi, my best hosting vote goes to 24hostingnow.They guarantee affordable price plans, secure servers, first class 24/7 technical support and a wide range of features. I've hosted many sites with 24HostingNow over the years.

•••
You've got "the best" hosting company when 1) your scripts are optimized for performance;
2) the company doesn't oversell which results in the enough care they can take of every client using their support service and you can use up all the resources you are allocated by your tariff plan.
3) when you like their pricing.

•••
Why not try ResellerOrder, I'm not sure, I'm convinced, that you'll find it satisfying :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back