IT.COM

I Use This Tool...

Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I love learning about online tools out there.

What do you use?

I'll start with these...

Namepros.com
Domaining.com
Namebio.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain.io

I use it to manage all my domains

•••
How good is DomainIndex.com valuations?
For the most part automated appraisal tools are useless at automatically appraising names with any degree of accuracy.

•••
OK. Understand. But how good is it compared to say GoDaddy. Or are they all the same degree of inaccuracy? For example. I would say GoDaddy is better than Estibot, overall.

Well, I'm biased because I created it, but NameWorth helped me increase the price of indicor(dot)com this summer, which sold in November for $29,500. It would have been about a quarter of that had it been my price before the NameWorth recommendation.

Some people say no appraisals work, but after 20 years of investing it's made me better at more objectively looking at domain quality. When I was running the expired domains newsletter it was accurately predicting the highest quality domains of the day up to 80% of the time.

1675482768485.png

1675483016519.png

Last edited:
•••

Bizarre and Unusual Uses of DNS​

Rule 53: If you can think of it, someone's done it in the DNS

DNS, like almost any protocol or system on the internet, has been used in ways almost from the day it was born that were probably never intended or envisioned by its inventors.

This talk is an overview of some of the more interesting ways that people have thought to embrace and extend DNS, from large to small.

From static traceroutes to fully-fledged companies using entire protocols based on top of the DNS, there are a hundred different ways where creative people have seen ways to bend it to their will. While a lot of these are now sadly confined to history, taking a look at some of these inventions is always fun and can often be educational. DNS tools, DNS toys, DNS tunneling, and DNS filesystems, are just some of the examples of uses and misuses that we'll take a look at.

https://fosdem.org/2023/schedule/event/dns_bizarre_and_unusual_uses_of_dns/

Presentation slides (PDF)

https://fosdem.org/2023/schedule/ev...And_Unusual_Uses_of_DNS_DC4420_2022_09_27.pdf

Tools and links mentioned in the presentation:

1675534391645.png

Last edited:
•••
Like a URL validator? I could use something like that on my own directory. It's half the reason I don't update it that offen as it takes forever and a day to check all the links are still active. Interested to see if anyone knows of one.
URL extractor, a little different. Imagine a coupon directory from 2004. Let's say it had 200 listings. Let's call it CouponDirectory.com

I want to input that site/name - CouponDirectory.com into some url extractor site/application/whatever

and I want it to spit out a list of all the urls listed on that site
url1
url2
url3
url 200

I want to take that list of 200 urls (just the keywords, after I strip out the extension and stuff) put them into something like GoDaddy Bulk search and see which ones are now available to hand reg.

Last edited:
•••
URL extractor, a little different. Imagine a coupon directory from 2004. Let's say it had 200 listings. Let's call it CouponDirectory.com

I want to input that site/name - CouponDirectory.com into some url extractor site/application/whatever

and I want it to spit out a list of all the urls listed on that site
url1
url2
url3
url 200

I want to take that list of 200 urls (just the keywords, after I strip out the extension and stuff) put them into something like GoDaddy Bulk search and see which ones are now available to hand reg.
Ahhhhhhh OK I see what you mean now thanks for the explanation. I was thinking of a tool to validate all the links on a page and list any that were broken or not resolving.

•••
Hi @JB Lions

Something like this tool?

https://en.rakko.tools/tools/62/

(see: URL tab)
Something along those lines, I think I might have actually tried that one. Not picking up everything, then not the whole site. Will try some more sites to try with this tool, then try to find some other tools.

Then remember trying to find something that would get dead sites but are in archive.org. See if there is something that could scrape them for urls.

Not a tool I've used before but I'm sure they're out there being used for various reasons. I'm just trying to find some dead urls that you can hand reg.

Last edited:
•••
Alright, I've been in organization mode, going thru 15+ years of bookmarks on my computer. Just went thru 4 folders of domaining bookmarks, just finished this thread and others. Now, will be typing in keywords like domain name generator into Google and see what's new. I put all the bookmarks in a spreadsheet. Name/Category/URL, have 200+ right now. There are a lot of SEO tools and Site tools being posted as well, more for development. Going to put those in their own spreadsheet.

One tool I'm looking for if anybody knows a good one that actually works. Would be willing to pay a one time fee as well if it's good.

A url extractor. There are some old directories out there that haven't been updated in years. I want to be able to input the url and get a list of domains posted on those sites and I can do an availability check.

So does anybody know a great url extractor that can do that kind of thing? I've tried about 5 different ones so far, they all suck. Thanks.
I use Scrapebox for this very thing.

•••
anything for bulk expiry date checker? like checking 50K domains at once

•••
Here are the ones I use on a regular basis, at least the ones I can remember right now.

Not listed in order of importance, just listed as I think of them.

NamePros (Of Course!)
G-whois
Domaining/com
InternetArchive
Namebio
ExpiredDomains/net
MailTester
ZFBot
Ahrefs
InfoZoom
ZoomInfo
CrunchBase
TMDN.org
DPMA.de
IPO.gov.uk
DomainIQ
EmailFormat
TldList
GoogleTranslate
DomainTools
USPTO/gov
DN Journal
GDAuctions
Namejet
Snapnames
Dropcatch
GoogleTrends
DomainSherpa
Spyfu

There are a few more, I am sure.

If I remember, I will add, if I can
Gwhois.org is gone fyi

•••
•••
Domain History (WhoIs):

HosterStats (Perfect tool to check the life cycle of a certain domain)

DNSWhois
Who.is
ViewDNS

Domain Screenshot History:

Screenshots
Archive

Domain Sales History:

NameBio
DNpric.es
DNJournal

Domain Drop Catching:

SnapNames (Collaborates with NameJet)

DropCatch
Pheenix
Dynadot

Expiring / Expired Domains:

ZFbot
ExpiredDomains
FreshDrop
Domcop

JustDropped

Compare TLD prices:

DomComp
TLD-List
NamePros (Domain coupons and offers)

Find Leads, End Users, Emails etc:

Domainero
Hunter.io (Email Addresses)

Search Trademarks:

Trademark247
Trademarkia
Wipo.int
Uspto.gov

Domain Auctions:

Godaddy
NameJet
NamePros
Flippa
NameSilo
Dynadot
Sedo

Multi Tools:

BulkSeoTools
DomainIQ
DomainTools
SemRush

SEO Tools:

MOZ
Majestic
Spyfu
Ahrefs
HubSpot
StatCounter
SmallSeoTools
HootSuite
MergeWords

Domain Name Generators:

NameBoy
LeanDomainSearch
Namemesh
Panabee
Domainsbot
Namestation
Bustaname

Domain Appraisal Tools (Use with caution and for fun, prices are not accurate!)

Estibot
DomainIndex
FreeValuator
Statchest (Website Evaluator)

Good list and usable.

•••
I wonder how to querying many of English phrase‘s gtld domain names are whether registered or not.
Do you know this tools?if you have it,please tell me,thanks

Last edited:
•••
Try UnitedDomains.com. They show you all the extensions when you search.
Excuse me, I want to find a tools to query the every domain of a list is registered or not.

•••
Try UnitedDomains.com. They show you all the extensions when you search.
Do you know about that tools? I have try it in your suggestion website and find the website can’t query two or three domain name

•••
•••
•••
Nice list of tools. Need to check them out as I have been out the loop for a while.

•••
I want to download the expired domain list,where can download?and I want kown where can book the pre delete domain ?

•••
A couple of tools many of us use on a daily basis domaining, but missing from this thread :xf.grin:

- MS Word or OpenOffice equivalent

- MS Excel or OpenOffice equivalent
If you don’t mind,can you tell me how to use office in domain?

•••
A couple of tools many of us use on a daily basis domaining, but missing from this thread :xf.grin:

- MS Word or OpenOffice equivalent

- MS Excel or OpenOffice equivalent
Give me a example or a reference,thanks

•••
Dnjournal.com
Namebio
Namepros
Whois. Com
GD auctions
Flippa
Social media
Dnpric.es
4cn app

(that thing between me ears)
For ideas

Estibot.com occasionally
4cn?

•••
•••
@uniflex domains...suggesting any channel to follow and watch?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back