Domain Empire

strategy I sold a .tv for 8.5K and this made me think

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi guys,
today I finalized the sale of a .tv domains for 8.5K. Unfortunately I can't share the name, the buyer asked me to keep it private.
What I wanted to share is the fact that I took it just last year for around 300$, I saw it and I knew it was great and a steal at that price.
My point is that the mistake that most of the domainers do, especially at the beginning, is to waste a LOT of money regging bad domains.
Why?
Because it gives adrenaline, excitement and dreams, it's like a drug.
But the fact is that instead of regging 30 domains for 10$ you could buy 1 domain for 300$.
Yes, it's a little bit more complicated because you just can't go make some list scan, insert the credit card and purchase it. You need to spend a lot more time and it's not immediate, you don't have that "drug-like" sensation.
But at the end of the day there are good chances that you've a domain that could sell in the future and, even more important, after 1 year you don't have to spend 300$ to renew 30 domains, but just 10$.
So if you are starting now with domaining please don't go into regging mode because it's one of the biggest mistakes you can make.
I made it at the beginning of my domaining journey more than 11 years ago (I even regged hyphenated .asia domains) and honestly this is the advice that I think I would have needed the most when I started.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have acquired a dictionary one word .tv for $600 of a business niche I used to run myself, 6 years ago, but so far not a single offer received yet.

•••
•••
•••
So true, I made these same mistakes also when I started domaining. It's good to be reminded to follow smart and thorough practices when investing.

•••
Congratulations, and I hope my domain name BEI. TV can be sold at this price.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back