IT.COM

I registered an un available domain??? Hows it possible??

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
It seems that I registered an unavailable domain at Godaddys?? Cant get how thats possible now??

Was looking for some other domain and got a domain suggestion from them so I directly registered that. But then till date the domain is not in my Domain area.

I wrote to their support but no reply from them. And if I check the WHOIS of the daomain it shows
Created On:15-Jun-2008 01:10:26 UTC
Last Updated On:27-Jul-2009 11:52:52 UTC
Expiration Date:15-Jun-2010 01:10:26 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com Inc. (R171-LRMS)

Whats up with this one?? Confused! And when will I get it into my account??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Happens alot :( You will just get a refund

•••
Oh you mean wont get the domain. My bad :(

•••
I used to get many of these failed domain registrations till I stopped using GD, double check if the name is available prior to regging it at NameCheap or DynaDot.

•••
Oh is it?? This was the first time for me. So was bit confused.

But how does it show that the domain is available???

•••
Oh is it?? This was the first time for me. So was bit confused.

But how does it show that the domain is available???

:hi:

If you already paid for the domain you will most likely get it soon.

The domain expired on June 15, 2009.

You can see the current Status:
"PENDING DELETE SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE

Ignore the June 15, 2010 expiration date.

That's misleading.
Like many Registrars Godaddy renews expired domains (hence the 2010 expiration) and
then cancels the renewal if the domain isn't renewed by the Registrant or doesn't sell in
GoDaddy's Marketplace.

•••
From the details you have mentioned that domain is in pending delete status and that means it will be available soon and drop in your account since you have paid for it.

•••
Nope my bad again. They refunded my payment in full. Got a mail from paypal saying that the payment has been refunded.

So all cleared. Only thing I lost was a good domain.

•••
In previous week I have saw on expireddomains/net a .in domain that was available. I double checked this domain on godaddy and in one that is located in my country and then I immediately logged in my gd account and I registered. I received the receipt on my mail and a few hours later I received a second email from gd that was saying that domain was not registered and today they sent me the refund. This domain was a very premium .in and on WHOIS I see that the domain is still registered in previous owner. It was deleted .....what happens ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back