question I received an email from CEO of B********.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anhnguyenict

Established Member
Impact
Dear all,

Please give me an advice.

Today, I received an email from CEO of B********.com about my domain B******.com:

"I bought B******** because it's a great 1 word URL. We are not changing our URL but may consider b****** for a 2nd URL , how much you asking for ?"

I'm a beginner, so please suggest me the counter for this domain.

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I received the second email of him after 6 hours,

"How much you want for b****** ??"

Please help me!
Please give me a advice about the price!

Last edited:
•••
First thing you should do is remove the dn - plus buyer info from the thread

Second reply back with an amount your happy with.

•••
I received the second email of him after 6 hours,

"How much you want for bizlend ??"

Please help me!
Please give me a advice about the price!

Yeah... this is sensible advice. There's a not in-significant change that your potential buyer would come across this thread ;)

•••
First thing you should do is remove the dn - plus buyer info from the thread

Second reply back with an amount your happy with.

I could not agree more!

•••
Follow @FX (edit title). Sounds like eager and willing to buy. I'd go low-mid $$,$$$ and negotiate.

•••
Remove the domain and info from the potential buyer like suggested above.

Also, with the two emails in a day, he might really want, so I would let him sweat until tomorrow before replying. And also try to get the first offer from him, don't throw a number out there as you might leave money on the table..

•••
I edited title and content related the domain.

Please suggest me an appropriate ask price!

•••
I edited title and content related the domain.

Please suggest me an appropriate ask price!

You need to determine what you would be willing to accept. Then, I'd start a bit higher then your "over the top feeling happy price". See what happens...you can always come down...

•••
The buyers "want" has clearly changed into a "need" already if he shot off 2 such mails in such a short timeframe.. time is now your best friend, let it go slow and reply not too quickly..

he will be eager to speed up the process by being even more generous with his offers..
based on his businesses (i still saw the urls before they got edited) i am quite sure he is capable of paying high x,xxx for your domain.. but it never hurts to start even higher from your side.. maybe low xx,xxx

•••
He offer me $1000 first.
After 3 hours, he increase to $2000.

•••
as expected.. you got him hooked, just don't let him off too easily.. 8-10k are completely realistic, if not even more..

•••
I will follow your advice :D

•••
I suggest 3 - 5K+ is fair deal.

•••
Go for low $xx,xxx. You can't win if your don't try ;)

•••
Hope it is not an appraisal scam. Usually CEO of a company won't contact domain owners directly to close a domain acquisition deal. If it is a real one, he won't ask for appraisals once you quote your price :)

All the best!

•••
•••
Interesting! Any updates here?

•••
He offer me 4 times:
$1000 > $2000 > $2500 > $3000 (yesterday)

•••
IDK... sounds fishy from the guy who registered TrjpAdvisor.

Then again, I missed the name in the initial post.

•••
IDK... sounds fishy from the guy who registered TrjpAdvisor.

Then again, I missed the name in the initial post.

What is the name you missed ?

•••
What is the name you missed ?
I think he is saying that you edited the first post to remove the domain name so he doesn't know what is the domain name.
Any updates on the sale?

•••
I think he is saying that you edited the first post to remove the domain name so he doesn't know what is the domain name.
Any updates on the sale?

Oh, you can see it in the quote of another member. I can't change the quote.

•••
I see, yeah that was a good pick.

I think you can guess exactly who it is who wants it with a few google searches.

I would too if I were operating a company on their current name.

Tell them you have development plans and the replacement cost for you to get a name just as fantastic as this one would be about $20k.

Then negotiate up until they seem fed up, and then add $1500 more.

Just depends if you need liquidity or not.

•••
I see, yeah that was a good pick.

I think you can guess exactly who it is who wants it with a few google searches.

I would too if I were operating a company on their current name.

Tell them you have development plans and the replacement cost for you to get a name just as fantastic as this one would be about $20k.

Then negotiate up until they seem fed up, and then add $1500 more.

Just depends if you need liquidity or not.

Thank for your suggest. I ask him 19K. However, he refused ...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back