Domain Empire

I REALLY want this domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

wantthatdomain

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

So I'm currently trying to get a domain that expired today.

It is registered through eNom

& as i learned, eNom is partenered up with Namejet

So i'm thinking that if i backorder it with Namejet, I'm sure to get this domain.

Is this true? Or should I backorder on Namejet, Pool, & snapnames?

Also, do you get charged right away for backordering ? & do you only pay if they are successful?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Bump

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry but Andrew Reberry might also want the domain. If that is the case, you are out of luck. He will win the backorder, and charge you a 2000% premium for it.

•••
Who the F is Andrew Reberry?

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Bump. need help guys

•••
It may not be Andrew in all cases because at one time, I had wanted to get hold of RobotPark.com however and contrary to the judgement of a friend, it went to another guy who wasn't Andrew.

So, it may not be Andrew in all cases.

•••
er,

whatever.. thanks anyway

•••
Just backorder the domain everywhere and hope for the best. Many backorder services (except BackorderZone, GoDaddy & Name.com) don't charge a fee upfront, only if the catch is successful. SnapNames is the strongest catcher in my experience so be sure to backorder it there. Be prepared for an auction if more than one person places a backorder (except Name.com which is first-come, first-served).

Good luck.

Edit: I assumed from the OP that the domain had just entered pending delete status hence my post. If it's simply a few days past the renewal date (a completely different scenario) then I recommend following the advice given by stub below.

Last edited:
•••
Ignore all the advice above. It's not false, but it's misguided, and won't serve you well.

1) How do you know this domain won't be renewed by the current owner?
2) It's true that Enom partner with NameJet. they are part owners of NameJet.
3) NameJet have what they call a Pre-Release auction for expiring domains from about day 35 after expiry.
4) This Pre-Release Auction is exclusive to NameJet. If you bid and win the domain, it will be in your account by Day45 after expiry. It will retain it's original registration date.
5) You should place your backorder on the domain, at the last possible moment. So that you don't attract attention to the domain
6) Afaik, Andrew Reberry doesn't go after Pre-Release domains. He's only interested in domain that actually drop.
7) Only if nobody bids on the domain in the Pre-Release Auction, and the original owner hasn't renewed the domain, will it then progress to a Pending Delete Auction, and drop.
8) So if you want this domain, bid for it in NameJet's Pre-Release auction, which starts about day 35. But only bid for it at the last moment. This way you might actually get this domain, without the hassle of it going to a free-for-all Pending Delete Auction, which, if Andrew Reberry wanted this domain, he would most probably capture it when it drops. Not always, but most of the time.

Last edited:
•••
The domain name should be open for bidding on namejet roughly one month after expiry.
If nobody bids on it, then it will drop and it's free for all.
So yes, namejet is the place but you need to wait.

•••
prepare as if the auction will be inevitable and pray

•••
I appreciate all the helpful replies, WORDSWORTH, stub, sdsinc & lincolndsp!

Oh and i'm 99.99% sure, that the person isn't renewing their domain, they used to be a consulting company in Los Angeles & they went out of business a couple years ago and even let their main domain expire.

WTF! something crazy just happened while i was writing this :(!!!1

It got updated / renewed for another year. what the?

I just checked and the consulting company is out of business, even their e-mail associated with that account isn't working anymore. & now there is a parked page with ads on it.

:(

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Isn't it weird how for YEARS, there was nothing on the domain, it showed up as

"Server not found" and now after it's been "renewed"

It is parked with ads all over it?

Gahhh

Last edited:
•••
I appreciate all the helpful replies, WORDSWORTH, stub, sdsinc & lincolndsp!

Oh and i'm 99.99% sure, that the person isn't renewing their domain, they used to be a consulting company in Los Angeles & they went out of business a couple years ago and even let their main domain expire.

WTF! something crazy just happened while i was writing this :(!!!1

Updated Date: 19-aug-2013
Creation Date: 18-aug-2002
Expiration Date: 18-aug-2014

I think that is pretty much standard. It does not mean the domain has been renewed by the client.

Here is an example of one where the backorder deadline is tonight, but the domain is still expired -

Updated Date: 17-jul-2013
Creation Date: 16-jul-2005
Expiration Date: 16-jul-2014

Brad

•••
Updated Date: 19-aug-2013
Creation Date: 18-aug-2002
Expiration Date: 18-aug-2014

No worries, that is just Enom grabbing the traffic the moment the lease expires. They sometimes show it as renewed, but they dont mean it, unless someone bids.

•••
phew, thanks guys..

The top part " Updated Date" Doesn't show up anymore

Expiration time: 18:12

So does that time there, tell me exactly when the domain will drop?

6:12 P.M. ?

Also, what do you guys value 0925.org at? (it is for sale, please contact me ) cheap price

Thanks domain pros

Last edited:
•••
phew, thanks guys..

The top part " Updated Date" Doesn't show up anymore

Expiration time: 18:16

So does that time there, tell me exactly when the domain will drop?

6:16 P.M. ?

Also, what do you guys value [deleted] at?

Thanks domain pros

The name will not drop today; registrars typically "renew" names for 45 days after expiration. If no interest in it, it will drop from the registry at day 46, and the registrar will get a refund.

In about three weeks, the domain will start appearing on Namejet's auction site as a pre-release, but you can backorder it beforehand (although I agree with the others that you should wait until the last minute).

If the domain you posted (and I deleted from the quote), there might be some interest in it. I suggest that you edit it out of your post--the fewer eyeballs, the better.

;)

•••
Hi Ms Domainer,

Thanks for the reply. I was aware that it doesn't drop today, but my question was that, if the expiration time matches the drop time (on day 46), was the same.

oh ahah and no 0925.org isn't the domain i'm trying to get, i already own that one, and was wondering how much value you guys saw in it! But thanks for for lookin out! :)

•••
Minimum price at NameJet is usually $69. Bid at the last minute, and bid $69. If you bid higher it will show up on people's radar.

If you try to save a few bucks and grab it after it drops, you will probably fail.

•••
Hi Ms Domainer,

Thanks for the reply. I was aware that it doesn't drop today, but my question was that, if the expiration time matches the drop time (on day 46), was the same.

oh ahah and no 0925.org isn't the domain i'm trying to get, i already own that one, and was wondering how much value you guys saw in it! But thanks for for lookin out! :)

Typically, the drop period occurs between 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. EST, BUT this isn't a hard fast rule. Sometimes the domain doesn't even drop on the right day.

You should post your 0925.org domain on the appraisal thread; no one will give you a value here.

:)

If you really want the domain, you should probably place a Namejet backorder. I agree that a handreg will probably fail, especially if it's a desirable name. There are a lot of eyeballs out there in domainland.

•••
Just got an update, I stalked the domain owner, and she lives a city away from me, should I call and go talk to her to get this domain %100? or is that creepy?

also, she has 8 more domains, 2 kids and is a photographer

•••
.com domains drop and are free for new registration 81 days after the expiry date. The 45 day date is when the Registrar deletes the domain and returns it to the Registry for they're renewal refund, which they paid when the domain was "apparently" renewed. If you search the whois at the Registrar, you usually find they don't show this renewal, until the owner actually renews the domain.

The expiry period for .com domains is:

Expiry Date: 0 days
Returned to registry: -45 days
Redemption Period: -75 days
Pending Delete Period -80 days
Drop Date: -81 days

So the Pre-Release auction is usually approx 10 days prior to returning the domain to the Registry. The Registrar/NamerJet needs to hold the sale/auction and transfer the domain before the domain is returned to the Registry for refund.

Personally, I wouldn't contact the owner because she might realize there is value in the domain name and renew it. You could contact her after it is returned to the Registry because she could still renew the domain if you pay her the redemption fee and she pays the redemption fee of the Registry. You would also need to compensate her for her trouble. So it might get quite a lot more expensive. As much as $200-300 maybe (depending on the Registrars Redemption Fee and how much she wants for compensation for her trouble). If that's too much then you would have to compete in the free-for-all Pending Delete Auction, which is pot luck, who picks up the domain if Andrew Reberry doesn't want it. Which is why the Pre-Release Auction is your best solution.

winning a Pre-Release Auction is the best method of obtaining a must have domain which has dropped.

Last edited:
•••
A backorder is probably cheaper than going to the owner, if the name is as good as you say, it will most likely go into auction.

•••
Thanks guys, and i was kidding about stalking her, but she does have 8 domains lol

This domain will be mine!!

•••
If she doesn't renew it :( Depending on the Registrar she has up to 30-45 days to renew/transfer. She might still see value in the domain, even though the business has gone kaput.

•••
Last edited:
•••

If it's truly a premium domain, you will need deep pockets.

Not much slips by these days.

•••

If it's truly a premium domain, you will need deep pockets.

Not much slips by these days.

I agree with MsDomainer. What's the max are you looking to spend on the domain name?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back