NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domaineer1

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys,

I may end up being kicked from this forum unfortunately... I saw got a notification for a new free domain in the free domains section (Preinvasive.com from the NamePros user internext) so I clicked the email and went to the page and I typed "Clajm" (I typed it so fast I made a typo. I later fixed the typo and typed "Claim"). Then I realized that this domain may not actually be free after all since there was talk about Transferring and stuff where as the domains I have seen in the Free Domains section have been free and you could get them for free with a Push. I message the OP asking if there are any fees and they say there will be fees. I then let the OP know that I can't take the domain (I literally can't with the fees, I'm not being a hard, tough guy). The OP then gets mad at me Claiming the domain in the first place, so I tried to explain that I thought it was free (I'm rather new here, and I am still discovering things on this forum when I come on). Then the OP starts telling me stuff like I should read, and stop making excuses, and stuff like that. Then they decided to escalate by getting Moderators Amanda and Eric Lyon involved. Guys I literally *cannot* get the domain with the fee whether it's $8 or $80 (I was in the Free domains section for a reason). It looks like the mods may kick me from forum since Eric Lyon is talking about me having to now take the domain, and how internext 's original post was very clear. So yeah guys, that's where we are at this point. Yeah, maybe I should of read the post and next time I will make sure I do. I just don't feel this needs to be blown up and escalated like it has been. If I disappear this is most likely why and I wanted my story to be known for other NamePros users. I'm not saying I didn't make a mistake, but I do feel that there also needs to be some kind of code of conduct, or acceptable behavior on this Forum. internext is calling me names, talking in all caps and resorting to that kind of behavior. He's also now left me negative feedback. There should also be some kind of lenience or new users who are going to inevitably make mistakes just like we all do when we learn how to do things. Anyway, I don't really want to dwell on that here. I learned a lot on this forum from you all and if this is my last post on here, thanks for the memories :xf.smile:. If anyone could help me too that would be great and very much appreciated! (Edit Note: I do not mean with money)

Domaineer1
(y)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What's the link to the original post in the 'free domains' section?

•••
•••
It plainly says must transfer out in the title and in the first post. So you need $9 to take that domain elsewhere. If you don’t have $9 why are you domaining?

Also issues like this are best handled in the PM with the moderator and not in public. I had a worse issue than this and never smeared the person’s name or took it public.

You screwed up not the other party.

Last edited:
•••
You only have yourself to blame buddy. My advice: pay up the $8 transfer fee (borrow if necessary). $8 is too small a price to pay to getting banned from namepros.

•••
What's the link to the original post in the 'free domains' section?

Found it, thanks @anantj It looks like you didn't get what the OP meant. That means you should read more about domaining before jumping on things to fast. I don't think you'll be kicked for a first offense but I do think newbies should be barred from some of the areas on here.

•••
If you really dont have funds, May be you could start another Free Claim Thread right now.
If someone feels worth, They might consider to transfer out.

•••
No need for anyone to be upset in this case, op can give it to someone else and the newbie learned their lesson.

It's actually not a horrible domain and their should be other takers. The seller is probably wanting to keep it off the auction sites so it's much better to give the domain to a fellow domainer.

I see both sides of the coin here but the best advice is to move on and cut the new guy a little slack.
Not sure I would have left negative feedback on a free transaction but then again I'm pretty lenient that way.

The seller is on the right track by giving the domain to a fellow domainer and I commend him for that, by keeping it off the auction sites he is keeping any potential profit in domainer hands. (y)

My advice is to make peace, we are a small industry.

•••
1. Yes - you should read the rules before claiming and your reputation should be worth more than $8. If you want to be a successful "domainer" and $8 are a problem ... maybe you should consider doing something else.

2. Yes - lately the users of this forum take things a bit too literally and too personal. They think of this forum as a little bit more than it really is.

In my opinion it should be more of a community than a marketplace (...ahem...flea market...) but I doubt I can find 5% of the current active users who share my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
No need for anyone to be upset in this case, op can give it to someone else and the newbie learned their lesson.

It's actually not a horrible domain and their should be other takers. The seller is probably wanting to keep it off the auction sites so it's much better to give the domain to a fellow domainer.

I see both sides of the coin here but the best advice is to move on and cut the new guy a little slack.
Not sure I would have left negative feedback on a free transaction but then again I'm pretty lenient that way.

The seller is on the right track by giving the domain to a fellow domainer and I commend him for that, by keeping it off the auction sites he is keeping any potential profit in domainer hands. (y)

My advice is to make peace, we are a small industry.

You notice at the end he is asking for a free handout right? Far too much of that going on here. If he doesn’t have 8 bucks he doesn’t have any business begging for it either. This is supposed to be a platform of semi professionals.

•••
1 - yes, you should have read clearly - lesson learned, ok move on

2 - why is the OP of the name getting pissed - he's giving it away for free, just let someone else take it or let it drop. done

•••
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your kind words of advice :). Yeah I definitely learned something for next time. Thanks! I think I'll just sell the domains I have first.

You notice at the end he is asking for a free handout right? Far too much of that going on here. If he doesn’t have 8 bucks he doesn’t have any business begging for it either. This is supposed to be a platform of semi professionals.

I'm not asking for a hand out. If I was I would of just of said that I wanted $8. I am sorry you feel that way from my post, but you are free to feel that way. Everyone has to start and learn somewhere. First you crawl, then you stumble, then walk then run. We all should learn from each other and grow which keeps the industry moving and expanding.

Thanks everyone, I am trying to work it out with the OP. If I had $8 right now to take the domain I probably would, but I don't so I am thinking about what I could do. Thanks everyone! (y)(y)

•••
•••
It plainly says must transfer out in the title and in the first post. So you need $9 to take that domain elsewhere. If you don’t have $9 why are you domaining?

Also issues like this are best handled in the PM with the moderator and not in public. I had a worse issue than this and never smeared the person’s name or took it public.

I did have $9 before I started domaining. Now I have to sell the ones I have, and I thought I found a free domain which is why I claimed Preinvasive.com .

•••
I may be old school

but a headline is not part of an article
at least hasn't been when I went to school

so the rules should be clear just reading the OP

I think its a minor fault - if any
so no regulations should apply

other then for calling names of course

Last edited:
•••
If you really dont have funds, May be you could start another Free Claim Thread right now.
If someone feels worth, They might consider to transfer out.
Great idea! I might try it if i can. I don't want this to blow up more though so I will have to think about i
t. Thanks!

Domaineer1
(y)

•••
I dont understand why it must be a transfer out though, the registrar is godaddy where a push is possible, free and easy.

•••
I dont understand why it must be a transfer out though, the registrar is godaddy where a push is possible, free and easy.

its expired and so needs a $80 USD godaddy fee
-a cheap guys-
but transfer out can be done

•••
He is new, The way he done this it show him a complete newbie. We are not here to judge him whether he is fit to domaining or not.

I appeal to @Eric Lyon @internext to forgive him.

•••
@internext to forgive him.
He is posting so sweet now... oooh poor me... the victim. @Domaineer1 (god I hope there is not a number 2 etc) is a master manipulator and total liar. I have never given anyone a negative feedback, and I come across some doozies. He earned every word, and more. He is entitled, self-absorbed,, no serious intent. "Just let it drop, bro, stop getting so hyped up, pal" In my headline, then again in my post I say very clearly "MUST TRANSFER OUT". This person claims the name then instantly asks if there are fees and whether I can PUSH it. Gee, why hadn't I thought of that? I explained if he wanted to push an $80 fee applies and that's why I said must transfer. Pretty simple right?

So I PMed him the transfer info. But then all he could do was complain about the $80 fee. I literally could not get it through his head it was free as advertised, and I even suggested he transfer it to NameSilo, for $8.37 or whatever they charge. He just kept complaining. Saying the name wasn't free. And never stopped harping about the $80 fee. I literally explained it a half dozen times. He was nauseatingly annoying. And he kept up with smart ass remarks about me being a VIP, maybe I should be the president, etc. A total asshole. With all his wise-ass calm down buddy, have a case or two, pal.etc comments, like this was my fault.

He approached all this like he was so arrogant and entitled. If he came to me sincerely, in PM and said listen I didn't understand, I'm new etc, can you let me off the hook, I would have. I give away a LOT of free domains. Not everyone follows through. If you see my ad that's why I say I reserve the right to let a second party have the name if the first party falls through.

I give these names away because someone may have luck with them. I despise the notion of letting them go to auction for GoDaddy, etc to profit from. Well, name pros only allow one of these free posts per day. And now this guy claims without reading and then starts polluting the thread with his rants and copying selective comments from our private conversations into my public thread. Destroying it for anyone else.

This person is not a name PRO and never will be. You cant teach someone to be a rude entitled jerk. You just simply are, in his case

@Furquah If you want to be his mentor and prove me wrong, go for it. I offered to forgive him even after all the games and condescension. I told him and Amanda if he makes good on this, I will change his deserved negative feedback to positive. What did he do? Doubled down and gave me retaliatory negative feedback and post here like he is my victim.

All the while PMing me lecturing me that I should have explained it was only a $8 transfer. Which I did multiple times. Evidently, it was me who didn't understand all along!!
You could of said (Sorry for the confusion, but I meant that the fee will only apply if you transfer within GoDaddy, but you can always transfer out for only about $8). Those skills are especially important considering most people don't even know about domains..

And for all you people who fall for his con-man sob story and oh what a victim. Here is his true colors. I will NEVER forgive him or do business with him. And none of you should either.
I thought you deserved a cookie since what you did was really NamePros VIP and maybe even Presidential material :xf.wink:. A cookie to you! Don't eat it all at one time though :xf.wink:. Really savor it cause pal you really earned it! You get a thumbs up from me (y)! I guess I should thank you though since you did entertain me.

He stilll has until 9:38pm to make this right per @Eric Lyon .
If he does, I have committed to removing the negative feedback. If not, it is well-earned.

Link to the original sales listing
https://www.namepros.com/threads/preinvasive-com-exp-at-godaddy-must-transfer-out.1090590/

Thanks
Eric

•••
Thanks for clearing up what really happened.

•••
I may end up being kicked from this forum unfortunately
Hello @Domaineer1,

Please keep in mind that this resulted in your first warning. Typically, it takes multiple warnings before an account is affected. As long as you follow the rules from this point forward, you can rest assured that your account will not be restricted or closed. We understand that new members need help sometimes to understand and follow the rules, and as long as you're making an earnest effort, you will be welcome here. :)

We do believe this was an honest mistake, but we also have to understand @internext's perspective: he was being generous with his time and domain name by offering to give it away, and then he felt his time was not respected by the domain being claimed by someone unable to follow through with the agreement.

It's an unfortunate situation, and we hope new members can learn from it and be more careful in the future.

•••
Hello @Domaineer1,

Please keep in mind that this resulted in your first warning. Typically, it takes multiple warnings before an account is affected. As long as you follow the rules from this point forward, you can rest assured that your account will not be restricted or closed. We understand that new members need help sometimes to understand and follow the rules, and as long as you're making an earnest effort, you will be welcome here. :)

We do believe this was an honest mistake, but we also have to understand @internext's perspective: he was being generous with his time and domain name by offering to give it away, and then he felt his time was not respected by the domain being claimed by someone unable to follow through with the agreement.

It's an unfortunate situation, and we hope new members can learn from it and be more careful in the future.

maybe its a good idea to define
if a headline a a valid part of the terms of a posting

to my knowledge
its NOT

the headline is not part of a text in an article
and you need to repeat the part of the headline in an article

so that to my understanding
applies to posts as well

•••
the headline is not part of a text in an article
We define the topic/terms of a thread using its title (i.e., headline) and first post.

Generally speaking, it's a good practice to emphasize anything important from the title in the first post, as well.

•••
its expired and so needs a $80 USD godaddy fee
-a cheap guys-
but transfer out can be done

Wouldnt that fee only be if it goes into redemption?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back