IT.COM

advice I made my first website

NameSilo
Watch

CryptoInvestor

Experienced InvestorTop Member
Impact
I assume its pretty novice to you guys but I made my domain LTD0 (.) com into a crypto news/tools site and i’ve managed to get about 7000 views and traffic is looking great ( I think?). I applied for google adsense and must wait 3 days. Can I get your opinions on the best services/ ways to monetize my site? Thank you all in advanced.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a nice looking website, if you can publish more articles and make it more so of a blog or interactive type website, you could probably slide in some advertising money (paid promotions). Also, to fit the theme of cryptocurrency and bitcoin, you could use "a-ads.com".

•••
Thank you! I will take your advice :) I added a Poll to my website and that definitely skyrocketed traffic, so far i’m at 8k unique views, the poll itself has almost 4000 votes. Would it be worth it to try something like clickbank?

•••
Cool. I remember the feeling when I hand coded my first site. Miss those days sometimes.

•••
Thanks! Alot of work but it definitely is fun, feels good to finally get started with my domains. Parking them has done nothing for me.

•••
Real nice. How did you do this? Mind sharing a bit? I also want to make a site but don't know where to start...

•••
Sure! If you don’t know where to start, (I’m probably gonna gey backlash) but I used GoDaddy Website Editor for the majority, than had to move over to Wordpress once I started using more HTML and CCS (Godaddy is VERY easy, but its VERY basic, especially with HTML). My site is about Crypto, a subject i’m very knowledgable in, so it isn’t hard to provide content. I think that giving viewers something to DO within a couple seconds of opening the page is incredibly important for traffic. As of now, a little less than 12 hours after Poll creation, I have 13,000 page views and over 6500 votes on the poll :)

•••
•••
Agreed...nice looking site. I taught myself code back in the 90's but have forgotten about 95% of it. Now you have me fired up again about building rather than parking!

•••
Agreed...nice looking site. I taught myself code back in the 90's but have forgotten about 95% of it. Now you have me fired up again about building rather than parking!

I appreciate it :) The feedback has been incredible, and I don’t consider myself a “Coder” in the least bit, but with all the info shared on the internet in 2017 here to help me its a breeze, i’m learning alot and cant wait to be able to EARN so I can ramp up the site a bit :) It can get expensive i’ve noticed... lol

•••
•••
Your site is nice.I have ideas for my domains but the learning process for site development has been pulling me back(y)

•••
Where's this traffic from? You only have 4 pages indexed in Google and SEMrush shows 0 organic traffic...

•••
Where's this traffic from? You only have 4 pages indexed in Google and SEMrush shows 0 organic traffic...
Mainly social media, I was able to build up a good emailing list through subscriptions aswell, My google analytics has me at 20k page views as of now aswell (Godaddy says 25k)

•••
•••
First mistake is your domain name. 0 and o are too similar. Your visitor may type LTDO dot com and lead to a completely different site and thought you went out of business. LTD1 or something else unique would be better.

•••
I agree i’ve noticed it’s happened, I originally did it to gain exposure to the short name cause i was basically being a rookie and buying short lame domains thinking i’d sell them for big bucks. I think i’m going to change it to either “TheBTCDealer,com” or “ProntoCrypto,com”

•••
Sure! If you don’t know where to start, (I’m probably gonna gey backlash) but I used GoDaddy Website Editor for the majority, than had to move over to Wordpress once I started using more HTML and CCS (Godaddy is VERY easy, but its VERY basic, especially with HTML). My site is about Crypto, a subject i’m very knowledgable in, so it isn’t hard to provide content. I think that giving viewers something to DO within a couple seconds of opening the page is incredibly important for traffic. As of now, a little less than 12 hours after Poll creation, I have 13,000 page views and over 6500 votes on the poll :)
Cool!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back