IT.COM

I made a site that finds unregistered one-word (English) .com domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Voodoomoodoo

Established Member
Impact
As a weekend hack / side-project, I made RandomDotCom.com - it works out and shows you a random .com domain that is (apparently) an english word and isn't taken.

I think it's pretty neat. You'll see that some of the words are pretty esoteric but every once in a while there are some good ones.

I'm not saying that these are insanely valuable and everyone should register them etc, but it's a bit of fun and thought you guys might be interested.

An interesting thing is that, since less than a week ago, there have been 30 domains in the list already registered - more than i thought but I guess shouldn't be too surprised, thinking about it...

Anyways, enjoy!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cool site!

The refresh button doesn't work for me though. In order to see a new name I have to refresh my browser.

Thanks for sharing it!

•••
Cool site!

The refresh button doesn't work for me though. In order to see a new name I have to refresh my browser.

Thanks for sharing it!
Oh really! Could you let me know which browser you're using and whether it's on desktop or mobile - will definitely take a look.

•••
Cool..where is it pulling the words from and I suspect at the same time it is beign checked against a whois?

•••
As a weekend hack / side-project, I made RandomDotCom.com - it works out and shows you a random .com domain that is (apparently) an english word and isn't taken.

I think it's pretty neat. You'll see that some of the words are pretty esoteric but every once in a while there are some good ones.

I'm not saying that these are insanely valuable and everyone should register them etc, but it's a bit of fun and thought you guys might be interested.

An interesting thing is that, since less than a week ago, there have been 30 domains in the list already registered - more than i thought but I guess shouldn't be too surprised, thinking about it...

Anyways, enjoy!
It's kind of like fishing: Just one more cast in hopes of hooking a keeper.

•••
Great site.

I wish this project to move next level.

Suggestion:

get dnpric.es / namebio sales report api and list related domain sales / news from google.

•••
Oh really! Could you let me know which browser you're using and whether it's on desktop or mobile - will definitely take a look.

IE11, Desktop.

Just tried it in FF and Chrome, and it works fine. Every time I try it in IE, it flashes and the same name appears again.

•••
Awesome! Thanks for making this cool site. I expected the words to be really obscure and long, so I am surprised to encounter lots of familiar words:xf.grin:

•••
That will keep couple domainers busy today, while I check expired domains. Less competition. Thumbs up!

•••
Great, great tool

What I like most is the fact that there is no mass export, so no-one will get the upper hand exporting all of those domains and getting the better ones ;) ... the more you work the higher the chances to find one that's worth buying

Thumbs up!

•••
Thanks a lot, nice game for those moments when you are waiting for next drop.

•••
I just get the same name :) Unclearest

•••
Suddenly interneships.com showed up. For a second there, I thought I got the gold ticket... Well, it is available to reg, but..:xf.wink:

•••
Works fine for me, a great little site!

•••
Great job, I love it. Works perfect for me.

I am definitely going to be using this.

:)

•••
Cool, thanks for the positive responses :)

Regarding the refresh button in IE - I'll take a look when I next have time. One of the most annoying things about developing websites is making sure everything works across all browsers, especially IE :P

Oh yes, forgot to mention that the list of available domains is cached and updated every 24 hours :)

•••
Oh yes, forgot to mention that the list of available domains is cached and updated every 24 hours :)

Thanks for the extra info. I just tried it using I.E. and it worked fine for me. I wonder why that is? Maybe because I haven't updated it in several months.

Anyway, great site again.

•••
•••
It's looks great and working very well. Great tool and definitely I will add it to my favorites!! thank you!!

•••
•••
Nice one!

Couple of suggestions:
* Words repeat after sometime
* having to click for each word is tedious, might help to show 5 to 10 words at a time in a column or table

though I did notice many words have a sad/depressing meaning :(

•••

Add 2 more to that list. I reg'd 2 myself. 1 I might develop a site on and the other 1 I am not sure about what I am gonna do with it. Both domains have good potential.

Thanks for doing this and sharing it.

Have a great evening

•••
Thanks for the suggestions. This is proven to be more popular than i originally thought and so i might well expand on it in the future, e.g. with words from different languages, other TLDs, 'pronounceable words' etc, depending on what people feel is useful.

Also - a couple of people were asking which domains have been taken. Therefore, I've added a new page to show all the most recently taken ones (updates daily). Theres been a couple hundred that are no longer available, since launching the site. The page is linked from the main page.

•••
Thanks for the suggestions. This is proven to be more popular than i originally thought and so i might well expand on it in the future, e.g. with words from different languages, other TLDs, 'pronounceable words' etc, depending on what people feel is useful.

Also - a couple of people were asking which domains have been taken. Therefore, I've added a new page to show all the most recently taken ones (updates daily). Theres been a couple hundred that are no longer available, since launching the site. The page is linked from the main page.

I think you have a hit on your hands. Congrats and I look forward to using it and seeing what you do with it in the future. I have visited the site a few times every day since I found out about it.

Thanks and good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back