Domain Empire

I got the two .One names I wanted today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
I am thrilled because this is the first time I have gotten my most wanted domain names in a nGTLD extension. Normally I only end up with my 4th or 5th, etc. choices.

Today is a good day. :)

.One should be a pretty cool extension. I know that there will probably be mixed opinions on it, e.g: why is it necessary. But it's short and easy to recall.

My third choice for a .one domain.. somebody beat me to it...cloud.one. Congratulations to whoever here got it! That will be a valuable domain.

.One is only $9 a year. So I feel proud to support a registry that comes out with fair pricing. We should really support these registries that introduce pretty good strings with fair pricing comparable to .com on registrations and renewals.

Just wanted to share my excitement today!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DO NOT register a domain at 1&1 for your own good and sanity. Do a Google/Bing/etc search about them and you will see how many people have had horror stories with them.
Thank you.

•••
Where I can register .one domain? I tried 1&1 but i see a dialogue box saying for legal reason it cannot be registered. Is there any other alternative?
Thanks

I register domains with 1&1 but be sure to transfer out after 60 days. Then watch for billing errors because 1&1 overcharges or gives billing mistakes to most customers, it seems.

•••
I register domains with 1&1 but be sure to transfer out after 60 days. Then watch for billing errors because 1&1 overcharges or gives billing mistakes to most customers, it seems.
I would rather avoid that registrar than go through their horrific torture!:D

•••
I tried dynadot for al.one, l.one and even beg.one.
The site says names need to be at least three character. I tried beG.one. Some 12k for the domain. I don't think i can recover that list even i go for premium listing with Flippa. So, I will let the offer pass.:(

Last edited:
•••
I have ultimate.one on pre reg but not sure I want it now its over 1200 lol

•••
•••
•••
•••
That's what they said about .com back in the early 90s.
That was then. But today the landscape is set and established extensions are deeply ingrained in the minds of consumers. That makes end users much less receptive to new extensions than they would have been at an early stage.

Things could have been different had there been more TLDs in the early days.

Look around you. Now that new extensions are available, if the end users are not embracing them right now, what makes you think tomorrow will be much different than yesterday ?
Also, look at the growth rates of .com and ccTLDs vs the new extensions.
The figures don't lie, and they tell everything you need to know :)

•••
true.. but the figures also show some nice amazing highend sales on many new extensions... of course for great keywords only.. but great keywords are obtainable... for many extensions.

in short, do not waste your money on anything double keyhword in new extensions.. that is guaranteed flop.

but a good quality single keyword new extension.. hmm... namebio does not lie as you said.

•••
You'll find reported sales in pretty much any extension. What matters is, what are the odds you'll make a big sale. Especially when the good keywords are hoarded by the registries.

•••
You'll find reported sales in pretty much any extension. What matters is, what are the odds you'll make a big sale. Especially when the good keywords are hoarded by the registries.

I agree fully.
however I was writing more with reference to this thread and its op. who said he got some top keywords.

I am not expert at all, and do not know that much about new extensions. so for instance I am not sure whether it is only in case of this .one extension that op or anyone else may have been more able to get great keywords.. or whether its like this for all new extensions from past and future... be it xyz or link or io or co or what not..

it's an interesting subject which I will research.

however, I do not believe it is good idea to invest in new extensions unless the keywords are high quality.

I am sure many people feel that way so I did not just discover america now.

•••
I agree fully.
however I was writing more with reference to this thread and its op. who said he got some top keywords.

I am not expert at all, and do not know that much about new extensions. so for instance I am not sure whether it is only in case of this .one extension that op or anyone else may have been more able to get great keywords.. or whether its like this for all new extensions from past and future... be it xyz or link or io or co or what not..

it's an interesting subject which I will research.

however, I do not believe it is good idea to invest in new extensions unless the keywords are high quality.

I am sure many people feel that way so I did not just discover america now.

Agreed.

I find it a bit fun to invest in affordable ngtlds. I wouldn't want to spend a lot on new extension. But $2 - $12 per year is pretty reasonable for a good name on a new extension.

•••
•••
well regrdless of what was said around about .one, seeing how everyone jumped real quick on the .one wagon and regged most of the stuff that was up for grabs.. and seeing how I do not hate the extension.. as opposed to some other new ones.. I decided to invest in couple more names today.

I hope they find a rich buyer one day. so I may become rich too. ;)

bookmark
dictionary
copyright

•••
A few registers like NameSilo or NameBright you can actually get a .COM for less than the $9 or so they're charging for .ONE

•••
A few registers like NameSilo or NameBright you can actually get a .COM for less than the $9 or so they're charging for .ONE

well.. it's bigger than what you just said..

you can get a .com from just about registrer, for not just less but WAY less than they charge you for just about every new extension on market..

but that's completely not the point of this thread.

wchih was that its way cooler to have a premium keyword .one than a lame keyword .com

•••
I don't know, it seems like one is the loneliest extension that you'll ever do.
.two can be as bad as one.
It's the loneliest extension since the extension one.

;)

I'm not personally interested in .one - but for those who got the good ones, congrats.

I also wasn't personally interested in .rocks until I suddenly thought up a few ;)

•••
I got the 3rd, 7th and 62nd most popular English words in one .one domain. I also got another I wanted. google seems to max out at 22,270,000,000 results I also am down for the ultimate.one but someone is being silly when I have pre reg on it! So I will let it sit that .one IMO is the best new extension available.

•••
Why are my comments either awaiting moderation or being deleted? Was it my icann comment on the .sucks?

•••
I confess - being a noob and trying to build something to sit on and test waters I bought a few. Some of them -

FIA.one
Mumbai.one
Were.one
Heal.one
Fed.one
Disk.one
Unite.one
Numero.one
Pour.one
Lick.one
Finding.one

•••
I confess - being a noob and trying to build something to sit on and test waters I bought a few. Some of them -

FIA.one
Mumbai.one
Were.one
Heal.one
Fed.one
Disk.one
Unite.one
Numero.one
Pour.one
Lick.one
Finding.one

I had couple of these under consideration in past... such as disk.one.. but went with other things and then no more, for this extension.

I think lick.one is rather quite brilliant.

•••
I had couple of these under consideration in past... such as disk.one.. but went with other things and then no more, for this extension.

I think lick.one is rather quite brilliant.

Hahaha, it was an obvious choice. Most of mine are pretty much a wing and a prayer that in 2-5 years they may pay gold, but I was proud of my FIA.one and Mumbai.one.

FIA: Behind Formula One racing
Mumbai: Worlds tallest residential skyscraper called "World One"

•••
Wanna see why .one will do well?
Google searches max out at 22,270,000,000
.one is an actual word minus the DOT
In is a word
To is a word
Into is a word
The whole address is a saying.
here is one I registered and look at this....
site price dot org and look up into.one

Worthy of a few giggles

•••
Hahaha, it was an obvious choice. Most of mine are pretty much a wing and a prayer that in 2-5 years they may pay gold, but I was proud of my FIA.one and Mumbai.one.

FIA: Behind Formula One racing
Mumbai: Worlds tallest residential skyscraper called "World One"

I agree. :)
there is appeal in those too. but the simpler the better so lick.one could work for many potential buyers imo.

especially if your giving yourself such long time to wait, I can't see how something good would not come along eventually.

there is some french items in there, and I speak the language. but I am not big fan of foreign language in domains. I think english is best for some down the road profit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back