NameSilo

I got called a squatter

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

chillaxin

Established Member
Impact
10
I was emailing some potential buyers and I got this reply.

No thank you, I find the practice of squatting on domain names about as slimey as one gets. It makes it very difficult for start up companies to launch real businesses when the domain names they need are tied up by people like you who try to sell them at outrageous prices Take me off your mailing list slimebag.



WOW......... THATS A FIRST>:(
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
That said, people do ask too much for their domains. I'll bet you were asking mid xxx+ for your two reg fee domains. If you offered them at a fair price ($10-20 each), you probably would have had a sale.

It is completely unfair that startups are forced to go with garbage domains because everybody they contact quotes them $20k, $10k etc. I remember my friend starting a website about rap lyrics and I tried to get raplyrics.com for him. Sedo seller, would not budge from $20,000. Ridiculous!

[mens pants] gets 49,500 exacts on Google, and a CPC $1.40. If you have hyphenated .com domains of the same quality and you think $10 is a fair price, please send me a list and I'll take them off your hands.
 
0
•••
No trademark I was pitching mens-pants.com and menspants.us

IMO - these domains are extremely generic. I don't see it as squatting.

Perhaps he had a bad day!
 
0
•••
I agree with them. They chose the wrong word in squatter, we tend to link that to TM domains. They also should not have called you slimey.

That said, people do ask too much for their domains. I'll bet you were asking mid xxx+ for your two reg fee domains. If you offered them at a fair price ($10-20 each), you probably would have had a sale.

Sell your LLLL.com's for $50-100 - don't hold out to maybe get $10k+ someday.


Why not? Isn't that what Investing is all about?

Getting the maximum return on your investments. Finding good domain names is not an easy business. The time and effort spent should be properly rewarded.

A savvy investor will make large $$$ while others will fold for peanuts.


Regards,
 
0
•••
dang squatters ......go on get outta ere !
 
0
•••
That said, people do ask too much for their domains. I'll bet you were asking mid xxx+ for your two reg fee domains. If you offered them at a fair price ($10-20 each), you probably would have had a sale.
.

wow, a sale at $10-20, that's a great business model you have there :)
 
0
•••
It happens. But calling us Squatters is like calling Real estate investors squatters.
To the outside, domaining has little in common with real estate investment and everything in common with ticket scalping.

Central depository of tickets.
Central depository of domains.

Tickets originally affordable.
Domains originally affordable.

Latecomers must pay extra to ticket scalper.
Latecomers must pay extra to domain scalper.

Just saying...
 
1
•••
Not sure why the response surprised or offended you.

Oh, it was a first for the OP as he said. We all get that sort of thing
some time.

Carry on, folks.
 
0
•••
I was emailing some potential buyers and I got this reply.

No thank you, I find the practice of squatting on domain names about as slimey as one gets. It makes it very difficult for start up companies to launch real businesses when the domain names they need are tied up by people like you who try to sell them at outrageous prices Take me off your mailing list slimebag.



WOW......... THATS A FIRST>:(

how competitive can they be if they can't acquire a domain in THIS market?
 
0
•••
hahah, this reply reminds me of when I used to work as a billing rep for a web hosting company and used to get the "slimebag" emails on a daily basis (plus much worse).

Oh, the joys of trying to do business with some people. Shrug it off and move on :)
 
0
•••
<<< Slimebag real estate investor.
<< Slimebag vintage guitar investor.

Money cures my disease.
 
0
•••
I think is a waste of time to reply to people like that one.
Don't worry and move fast to your next (more educated) end-user. ;)



I agree,move on!
 
0
•••
That said, people do ask too much for their domains.

LOL
After spending a while in domaining forums I have come to this conclusion about domainers:

- When selling a domain their domain is worth 100x's reg fee, at least!

- When buying a domain the sellers domain is only worth a few pennies.

:)
 
0
•••
It happens. At least they didn't throw anything at you! :)

..did they??

hahah, this reply reminds me of when I used to work as a billing rep for a web hosting company and used to get the "slimebag" emails on a daily basis (plus much worse).

Oh, the joys of trying to do business with some people. Shrug it off and move on :)
It's nothing personal as they don't know you. I can remember talking to a guy who was approaching women at a party all the time and when a girl was talking nasty to him, he just told me "probably her cat died this morning as she seems to be in a bad mood" and he simply continued. At the end of the night I saw him kissing a really beautiful blond girl :) Just move on and make these great sales!
 
1
•••
At the end of the night I saw him kissing a really beautiful blond girl

So if you are lucky enough to contact an end user when they have been drinking you just might get the price you want!
:tu:
 
0
•••
LOL
After spending a while in domaining forums I have come to this conclusion about domainers:

- When selling a domain their domain is worth 100x's reg fee, at least!

- When buying a domain the sellers domain is only worth a few pennies.

:)

Good thing it's not exaggerated the other way around....that would be sinful. :) Thanks for coming to a conclusion! :tu:
 
0
•••
cheap Enduser and uneducated one :) I totally agreed with others. Move On, It's just squatter words and Slimey though my "friend's" once received a replied email with A*s/b*tth*ad and some racist words from uneducated enduser so don't You worry about That.

Get patience and It shows Them that You are a mature person, buddy :) GLuck with the sales. -and yeah, It's a good generic name- :snaphappy:
 
Last edited:
0
•••
as much as you dont like hearing it thats exactly what you are doing,you see a name or an opportunity you buy the name and hold it to ransom for a profit and you mind being called a squatter lol
call me a squatter all day long i dont care :)
 
0
•••
No thank you, I find the practice of squatting on domain names about as slimey as one gets. It makes it very difficult for start up companies to launch real businesses when the domain names they need are tied up by people like you who try to sell them at outrageous prices Take me off your mailing list slimebag.

Slimebag? Hehe.
 
0
•••
as much as you dont like hearing it thats exactly what you are doing,you see a name or an opportunity you buy the name and hold it to ransom for a profit and you mind being called a squatter lol
call me a squatter all day long i dont care :)


considered to be true if Tm Name ...........otherwise considerd not
 
0
•••
considered to be true if Tm Name ...........otherwise considerd not

only in the eyes of the domainers who buy and sell everyone else sees it differently :)
tm names aside domainers are all seen as squatters from the outside whatever cant handle it dont do it
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back