Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

I got called a squatter

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

chillaxin

Established Member
Impact
10
I was emailing some potential buyers and I got this reply.

No thank you, I find the practice of squatting on domain names about as slimey as one gets. It makes it very difficult for start up companies to launch real businesses when the domain names they need are tied up by people like you who try to sell them at outrageous prices Take me off your mailing list slimebag.



WOW......... THATS A FIRST>:(
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
only in the eyes of the domainers who buy and sell everyone else sees it differently :)
tm names aside domainers are all seen as squatters from the outside whatever cant handle it dont do it

I agree and Tescos are the biggest food squatters. :lol:
 
0
•••
Look someone once said 'All property is theft'

So ask him if he owns a piece of land, if so, well someone most have sold it for the first time and that same person got it for nothing.

Right ?
 
0
•••
I got called worse names from potential endusers since I have joined the domaining world, last week I received: "f****** spammer" in my inbox.

I recommend you ignore all the suggestions to argue or proof a point with the guy, the way I react is: I take a deep breath and apologize if my email was unwelcome.
 
0
•••
I'm long past this.Since then Ive had 2 end-users thank me for being fair and honest.
 
0
•••
I agree and Tescos are the biggest food squatters. :lol:

erm not quite tescos dont go and buy the rights to that product and hold that company to ransom to get the name or product they need,neither do they actually buy the companies that make the products all they do is stock the items for resale at a markup to profit from if you wanted to you could buy all the products direct nothing stopping you but with domains once they are snapped up domainers hold the names to ransom thats its a totally different game and totally unrelated.

If getting called a squatter is the worst you get then count yourself lucky nobody likes domainers who hoarde up names :)

dont get me wrong as it stands i have around 250 + but i know and expect some backlash now and again lol
not a problem just move on and forget about it every time it happens and it will happen again :)
 
0
•••
a 'fair' price is whatever the market will bear...same as in real estate.
 
0
•••
It's nothing personal as they don't know you. I can remember talking to a guy who was approaching women at a party all the time and when a girl was talking nasty to him, he just told me "probably her cat died this morning as she seems to be in a bad mood" and he simply continued. At the end of the night I saw him kissing a really beautiful blond girl :) Just move on and make these great sales!

Inspirational wisdom at its best. Rep+ :)
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
The internet can be a cruel world at times however you should take every comment with a grain of salt.

Here are things you should do whether you get bad or good feedback.

1) Evaluate feedback
2) Improve in areas that can strengthen your service

At the end of the day if you know you did a job well done and helped as much as you could then you should have nothing to worry about, it is on them and not you.

Companies small and big have problems, just move on and don't let it affect the way you run your business and have it rub off on your next client / customer.

Good luck with your domaining, just keep moving forward.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back