Domain Empire

I got banned from AdSense

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
So i got banned from adsense ... why for invalid clicks.

Uh i never did anything.

What can i do ...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Write to them and ask for reconsideration.

•••
Write to them and ask for reconsideration.

I did also emailed a few google employees see what happens tomorrow.

Damn shizzz. So mad.:'(

•••
I got banned a few years ago and never went back. Now I use CPA offers. But if phone calls don't work then create a business name and change your address then apply again.

•••
I got banned a few years ago and never went back. Now I use CPA offers. But if phone calls don't work then create a business name and change your address then apply again.

That is what i might end up doing.

•••
Send them proof of your traffic stats and try helping as much as you can in their investigation.
You might get your account back...

•••
Before you contact them, see if you can figure out what happened:

Any chance a family member or friend clicked a bunch of ads thinking they were "helping" you?

Domain picked up on a drop which may have bot traffic? Did YOU buy traffic from anywhere?

Look at your server logs - any unusual patterns?

No guarantees, and Adsense bans are usually forever, but if you can tell them what happened and what you've done to keep it from happening again it will up your chances of them reinstating the account.

•••
Before you contact them, see if you can figure out what happened:

Any chance a family member or friend clicked a bunch of ads thinking they were "helping" you?

Domain picked up on a drop which may have bot traffic? Did YOU buy traffic from anywhere?

Look at your server logs - any unusual patterns?

No guarantees, and Adsense bans are usually forever, but if you can tell them what happened and what you've done to keep it from happening again it will up your chances of them reinstating the account.

1) no ... well i don't think so.

2) there is no bot traffic. did not buy traffic.

3) cant really see any ... I ll keep you guys updated.

•••
I got banned before an year for the same invalid click problem. I tried to email them about the issue for 3 to 4 times but they responded that we can't help but didn't mention about the real issue.

•••
You may Have used blackhat method or used a 3rd party system.

•••
Yes it also happen with me couple of months ago. Google banned my account even without telling me the reason. Actually now the rules and regulations and terms and conditions of Google is very strict, if you are unable to follow them they simply block your account :(
Anyways you should send a reconsideration request.
Hope for the best.

•••
you should try others like bidvertiser, adbrite..

•••
A couple of years ago I got a "warning" And if it happened again they would suspend my account. I never did find out what happened . They must be getting stricter if you are banned on First offence.

•••
•••
"Invalid clicks" can also be a design problem. A lot of tutorial sites tell you to mesh the design of the Google ads into your site so that people think the ads are regular links. Such clicks are very low quality and will get you banned.

Remember that anytime they ban you it's because their advertisers are being ripped off in some way. So always look at things from that perspective to stay out of trouble.

•••
Well if you got banned then its very hard to get unbanned , i also got banned and i also send them traffic proof but no reply .

•••
any updates?

Cheers
Corey

•••
Hello

Do mail to google... If google things its right then google will activate your account again.

•••
"Invalid clicks" can also be a design problem. A lot of tutorial sites tell you to mesh the design of the Google ads into your site so that people think the ads are regular links. Such clicks are very low quality and will get you banned.

Remember that anytime they ban you it's because their advertisers are being ripped off in some way. So always look at things from that perspective to stay out of trouble.

Pretty positive it is not a design problem. I dont spam my readers with adsense.

any updates?

Cheers
Corey

None really. It is in google but all the employees i know do not work at adsense. They contacted the adsense team about it ... they won't release the why i got banned. They have simply asked the adsense team to unban me. Se what happens. Also it has been verified that I have not broken any terms.

Giving it till this friday. At the end i will probably open a new account with some else name and info.

•••
You may have break the rules. Although you don't notice it. But you must have done something. Recommend you reading the guidelines released by google. By the way, if you have a good site. Google will finally choose you.

•••
This is why I hate Adsense. One Google employee's bad day can ruin your site.

I had a link directory removed from adsense because (according to the Google-schmuck that banned me) the 768x90 default-palette adsense banner that was at the top of the catgeory looked WAAAAYY to similar to the 250x250 randomly colored (but never white or black) link blocks in the directory. I apologized sincerely and changed the template to include a large border around the adsense code and added an h4 tag that said "Ads by Google" right next to the default "Ads by Google" text and politely asked for reinclusion. I was then informed that Adsense removals were irreversible and permanent. I may still have the email chain in my inbox, but I know I posted it on another popular webmaster forum. I still use it on some sites but avoid it whenever possible, and I have a back up plan ready for the next random act of insanity.

Good luck getting your adsense back, but be prepared to use a different monetization method just in case Google's informal "Don't Be Evil" motto becomes even more "informal".

•••
Good luck with it but try to contact them again. If you absolutely have to use them and they won't budge you will prolly have to change your info to get back in and its not that hard (change email, phone, biz name).

I had a similar situation with adsense and sedo. I picked up a name on expiring list at NAME and about 2 months later traffic was explosive going from $1 - $4 in the first couple months to $130 - $200 each month for the next 3 months. Both got shut down within days of each other and parking/adsense removed from the account.

I inquired and researched the issue. Removed the name and was reinstated all within about a week. Could have been faster maybe but I really was concerned so much at the time.

•••
Many have been banned for doing things they should not be doing. But I just had my adsense account closed after about 7 yeras of working with them. I had about 50 small sites and about 120 parked domains. I NEVER did anything that I should not have been doing and never thought I would have a problem like this. The worst part is they would not say the reason, except that my account posed a "risk to advertisers". Really? What does THAT mean?

I did appeal and wrote a very nice professional note to make sure they knew I was a non-fraud publisher and had been with them for many years.

No change and no explanation. I don't mind if they had a good reason, but to not explain and dump a partner like that really sucks. I suggest that you do not rely only on Adsense unless you can afford to suddenly lose all that money. If you base your entire business on adsense you are taking a risk.

•••
This is why I hate Adsense. One Google employee's bad day can ruin your site.

I had a link directory removed from adsense because (according to the Google-schmuck that banned me) the 768x90 default-palette adsense banner that was at the top of the catgeory looked WAAAAYY to similar to the 250x250 randomly colored (but never white or black) link blocks in the directory. I apologized sincerely and changed the template to include a large border around the adsense code and added an h4 tag that said "Ads by Google" right next to the default "Ads by Google" text and politely asked for reinclusion. I was then informed that Adsense removals were irreversible and permanent. I may still have the email chain in my inbox, but I know I posted it on another popular webmaster forum. I still use it on some sites but avoid it whenever possible, and I have a back up plan ready for the next random act of insanity.

Good luck getting your adsense back, but be prepared to use a different monetization method just in case Google's informal "Don't Be Evil" motto becomes even more "informal".

Good luck with it but try to contact them again. If you absolutely have to use them and they won't budge you will prolly have to change your info to get back in and its not that hard (change email, phone, biz name).

I had a similar situation with adsense and sedo. I picked up a name on expiring list at NAME and about 2 months later traffic was explosive going from $1 - $4 in the first couple months to $130 - $200 each month for the next 3 months. Both got shut down within days of each other and parking/adsense removed from the account.

I inquired and researched the issue. Removed the name and was reinstated all within about a week. Could have been faster maybe but I really was concerned so much at the time.

I got it back. hehehe.
:p

Many have been banned for doing things they should not be doing. But I just had my adsense account closed after about 7 yeras of working with them. I had about 50 small sites and about 120 parked domains. I NEVER did anything that I should not have been doing and never thought I would have a problem like this. The worst part is they would not say the reason, except that my account posed a "risk to advertisers". Really? What does THAT mean?

I did appeal and wrote a very nice professional note to make sure they knew I was a non-fraud publisher and had been with them for many years.

No change and no explanation. I don't mind if they had a good reason, but to not explain and dump a partner like that really sucks. I suggest that you do not rely only on Adsense unless you can afford to suddenly lose all that money. If you base your entire business on adsense you are taking a risk.

Wow that sucks dude. I think there is someone fing with us in there. I will forward this thread to google employees.

•••
Thats a good word!

Congrats!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back