IT.COM

I Give Up! I am DONE!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BlackCatsAreNice

Established Member
Impact
Domaining has not turned out to but what I thought it would. One or two sales a year is not gonna enough to feed the cats. The meow meow. Loves em.

I have registered over a hundred domains. Good ones in my opinion. But the world is full of Cheapskates and only one Bill Gates and one Jeff Bezos.

So I bid adieu to domaining and will only be developing my sites in 2020.

Instead of selling to startups, I will be the startup.

Believe me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Back in 2009, I was in your shoes, I got fed up with domaining. I came back five months later. You will be back. Watch and see.

•••
hmm you started in 2018 on np how long have u been into domains?

•••
Handregging is an art learned by experience, experience selling domains or experience in the industry of the domains you're selling.

If that isn't working, try buying aftermarket domains with obvious value.

Either way, GL

Last edited:
•••
Domaining has a lot of variables. The most important are...

A) Quality of the domain
B) Distribution
C) Patience if (A) is true

I don't make a ton of sales but when I do the profit margin is generally insanely high. (C) is easier if you are certain "quality of the domain" is present and ya don't really need the money. I make income from my own various websites etc... so domain sales are just a piece of a diversified online strategy so I'm not Mr.Flexible on dropping prices based on a buyers budget as once a domain is sold it's gone and replacement costs aren't the same in 2020 as they were in 2003 as competition has increased. A domain is worth what it's worth to the "right" buyer so my strategy is quality, distribution and patience. Domaining isn't for everyone as it takes knowing what a good domain is, knowing how to price so you're not selling yourself out of existence as replacement costs need to be factored into the equation. This will come easier to some than others. On bad domains you can put a beautiful sales lander up and hear crickets. On a good domain name you can put an ugly not for sale go away landing page and get 10 offers a month. Quality+Distribution+Patience=Profit

•••
giphy.gif

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back