Dynadot

I forgot about domain selling... and then I logged into my domain email account.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

staringatascreen

Established Member
Impact
I had all but given up domaining a few years ago. I sold, I think 2 or 3 domains, all of which were flukes and all low xxx. I grinded hard at this domaining thing, sending out emails, building websites, scouring daily drop lists, etc. Eventually, nothing worked and I gave up. I let 90% of my domains expire and kept onto a few that I were like, "ehhh, those are OK I guess". I never really got this domaining thing down...

I switched phones a month ago and never bothered to put in my domaining gmail account because, frankly, I had forgotten it existed. But, remembering about it an hour ago, I logged into it expecting to find a hoard of spam emails from registrars, old domain newsletters, crap domain offers from domainers, etc. Well, I found a lot of those.

But I also found several emails from Afternic saying that 1 month ago nyed(dot)org sold for $1499 and 5 days ago cointrade(dot)net sold for $5328. Holy lots of money Batman!! These were two names I handregged 2 or 3 years ago. Luckily I had had those domains with GoDaddy so I didn't need to do anything like pushing the names somewhere (I would never have known I needed to!!)... Afternic took almost $1500 in commission, but for literally forgetting about domaining and stumbling across $5000, I'll take it.

Anyway, I've forgotten about domaining and haven't the slightest clue what makes a good name anymore. Looks like I'll keep handregging some more :xf.wink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Guess that's why it's said don't give up,stay positive,and patience is key in this industry.
Thanks for sharing.:xf.smile:

•••
Yeah now that I'm checking the history, I guess I didn't handreg it... It must've been one of those GD closeouts or something like that.. I honestly don't remember, but I do know that I've never bought a domain higher than $10 because I'm poor lol... but yeah, still not a bad ROI!!

•••
such a positive story..

congrats & thanks

•••
Amzing story :)
cointrade.net Registered On 2007-09-30
Are you sure it's a hand reg 2-3 years ago?

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations on your sales! Good that you had fast transfer lol.

•••
•••
great. congrats but are you sure it was coin/trade/net as neither it isregistered 2-3 years before nor is it at godaddy.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back