IT.COM

I forgot about domain selling... and then I logged into my domain email account.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

staringatascreen

Established Member
Impact
I had all but given up domaining a few years ago. I sold, I think 2 or 3 domains, all of which were flukes and all low xxx. I grinded hard at this domaining thing, sending out emails, building websites, scouring daily drop lists, etc. Eventually, nothing worked and I gave up. I let 90% of my domains expire and kept onto a few that I were like, "ehhh, those are OK I guess". I never really got this domaining thing down...

I switched phones a month ago and never bothered to put in my domaining gmail account because, frankly, I had forgotten it existed. But, remembering about it an hour ago, I logged into it expecting to find a hoard of spam emails from registrars, old domain newsletters, crap domain offers from domainers, etc. Well, I found a lot of those.

But I also found several emails from Afternic saying that 1 month ago nyed(dot)org sold for $1499 and 5 days ago cointrade(dot)net sold for $5328. Holy lots of money Batman!! These were two names I handregged 2 or 3 years ago. Luckily I had had those domains with GoDaddy so I didn't need to do anything like pushing the names somewhere (I would never have known I needed to!!)... Afternic took almost $1500 in commission, but for literally forgetting about domaining and stumbling across $5000, I'll take it.

Anyway, I've forgotten about domaining and haven't the slightest clue what makes a good name anymore. Looks like I'll keep handregging some more :xf.wink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Amzing story :)
cointrade.net Registered On 2007-09-30
Are you sure it's a hand reg 2-3 years ago?

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations on your sales! Good that you had fast transfer lol.

•••
Guess that's why it's said don't give up,stay positive,and patience is key in this industry.
Thanks for sharing.:xf.smile:

•••
•••
great. congrats but are you sure it was coin/trade/net as neither it isregistered 2-3 years before nor is it at godaddy.

•••
•••
Yeah now that I'm checking the history, I guess I didn't handreg it... It must've been one of those GD closeouts or something like that.. I honestly don't remember, but I do know that I've never bought a domain higher than $10 because I'm poor lol... but yeah, still not a bad ROI!!

•••
•••
such a positive story..

congrats & thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back