Dynadot

question I don't understand GD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoneDeranger

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I wanted to register a domain name on GD. They said it was available yet when i click on the final purchase button they tell me it is unavailable. Anyone knows why?

Another question I have in mind - do backorder service like snapnames and so on has a preference over the individual? How?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy search bug. It happens now and then.

Backorder service can register domains faster than anyone else. its not about preference its about how fast you can register a domain. If you got a better technique to reg expired or deleted domain then that domain is yours.

•••
Godaddy search bug. It happens now and then.

Backorder service can register domains faster than anyone else. its not about preference its about how fast you can register a domain. If you got a better technique to reg expired or deleted domain then that domain is yours.

Did anyone discovered such technique?

•••
GoDaddy database and whois are not real time that's why issues like this happen quite often

•••
Did anyone discovered such technique?

With my limited knowledge i dont know if anyone has develop such fast algorithm or code.
The registry (GD,Name etc etc)are best people to have advantage over domainers. registry can directly connect to ICANN database. but domainers have to go through a registry.

You can become a registry by paying a hefty money to ICANN and have first hand access to there database and gain the advantage to register your domain.

Else just backorder your name at as many Backorder site as possible and fight in the auction.

A much faster technique but slower then backorder site is to develop your own code using API provided by the registry. Pheenix, dynanot and other provide such APIs. those code can run faster than manually registering a name.

•••
With my limited knowledge i dont know if anyone has develop such fast algorithm or code.
The registry (GD,Name etc etc)are best people to have advantage over domainers. registry can directly connect to ICANN database. but domainers have to go through a registry.

You can become a registry by paying a hefty money to ICANN and have first hand access to there database and gain the advantage to register your domain.

Else just backorder your name at as many Backorder site as possible and fight in the auction.

A much faster technique but slower then backorder site is to develop your own code using API provided by the registry. Pheenix, dynanot and other provide such APIs. those code can run faster than manually registering a name.

That's nice. So if I'll write my own algorithm, I might catch good domain names?

•••
Each registrar gets direct access to the Verisign servers to catch domains as they drop. The access is rate-limited. However, a drop catching service can use multiple registrars to try catching a domain and therefore the more registrars a back-ordering service has, the higher the chances of catching a valuable name.

From what I've read Namejet, Snapnames and Pool use many more registrars for drop catching compared to the other players (like Pheenix) and therefore have a high success rate (I do not know exact numbers). This of course means that an individual using a desktop software with a registrar API to drop catch a domain would have a much lower rate of success.

•••
Each registrar gets direct access to the Verisign servers to catch domains as they drop. The access is rate-limited. However, a drop catching service can use multiple registrars to try catching a domain and therefore the more registrars a back-ordering service has, the higher the chances of catching a valuable name.

From what I've read Namejet, Snapnames and Pool use many more registrars for drop catching compared to the other players (like Pheenix) and therefore have a high success rate (I do not know exact numbers). This of course means that an individual using a desktop software with a registrar API to drop catch a domain would have a much lower rate of success.
This is what exactly happens.
That's nice. So if I'll write my own algorithm, I might catch good domain names?

Your success rate will increase to beat the hand regs

•••
The same thing happened to me today ... a couple of hours trying to register the domain name and every time said verify your payment system or smth...On whois no data, on namecheap domain is available....
When I type my domain which reg today, godaddy says is available...Dont know what to do ?

•••

DropCatch has more registrars knocking on the Registry's doors than Namejet/SnapNames/Pool combined.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back