IT.COM

domain i d e a . c o . u k & i d e a . c o m

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robin Clarke

Impact
Currently in the process of attempting to acquire the domains i d e a . c o . u k and i d e a . c o m on behalf of my employer. Very new to this and have little idea of how much to suggest as a maximum budget. Understand due to the short amount of characters this will undoubtably be expensive but would like to define if it's a non-starter.

Many thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For the .com alone I think you could probably expect to pay in the +++$100K region.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah I suspected that might be the case - I used a free online appraisal calculator and it suggested $20k but i'm assuming that's just a finger-in-the-air calculation. Thanks for your feedback. Any thoughts on the .co.uk?

•••
I d e a . c o m is probably more valuable than 20K. Those online valuators are entertaining, however, not authorities on domain values.

•••
Yeah I suspected that might be the case - I used a free online appraisal calculator and it suggested $20k but i'm assuming that's just a finger-in-the-air calculation. Thanks for your feedback. Any thoughts on the .co.uk?

lol...good call on realising the free appraisal tool was a "finger in the air" calculation :)

I'm not too clued up on the co.uk market...I find it very difficult to gauge co.uk. But maybe around $15-20k... just my opinion though.

You might also want to check this out:
https://namebio.com/?s==kTOxgDNzETM

Last edited:
•••
Surely in the $xxx,xxx range for such a great one word?

•••
Thanks for the speedy responses! I'm personally more interested in the i d e a . c o . u k domain as we are a UK based business - still not going to be cheap by the looks of it.

•••
my guess:

.co.uk 5 figure range
.com 6 figure range

•••
.co.uk should be priced around £15k range, My only advice to you will be not to name the domain you are after on any forum. It might work against you & inflate the price.

Last edited:
•••
my guess :

com : 1m
co.uk : 75 k

•••
I d e a . c o m is definitely a million dollar domain.
Idea is a giant telecom network in India.
i d e a . c o . u k is definitely a $50k+ asset.

Future domains like driverless cars or robots may seize to exist 1 day, but idea is an evergreen keyword.

Last edited:
•••
Currently in the process of attempting to acquire the domains i d e a . c o . u k and i d e a . c o m on behalf of my employer. Very new to this and have little idea of how much to suggest as a maximum budget. Understand due to the short amount of characters this will undoubtably be expensive but would like to define if it's a non-starter.

Many thanks

Welcome to NP!

Tell your employers to hire a proper domain broker if they're serious in acquiring these two. You already made a big mistake by listing the domains you want to buy in a domaining forum. By now this thread is already indexed by Google and plastered all over the net so the .com and .co.uk owners will easily know about your intention :) good for them , the prices already went up by the time you knock at their door !

Idea is a fantastic brandable, short keyword which can be used in an unlimited niches and industries. Personally I don't think you'll get the .com for less than half a mill and the .co.uk for less than £25k . When you buy the .co.uk just make sure it comes with the .uk as well (or rights to register the .uk).

Hope this helps :)

•••
•••
i d e a . c o m on a bad day, seller needed quick cash could probably achieve $250-400K. Strong willed owner you are looking at $1,xxx,xxx easily.

4 letter.com, very diverse domain, leads to everything from advertising to technology.

Every company can put such name to use.

The .co.uk is not necessary if you own the .com

I am sure the owner gets dozens of offers daily.

•••
BTW: no everything is for sale.

•••
I d e a . c o m is worth hundreds of thousands re-seller and potentially 7 figures to an end user.

Brad

•••
if you want to target the UK market only, the ccTLD(co.uk) should be fine and would be your first choice.

if you want to expand globally, the ccTLD would be a poor choice.

and only the big bad old .COM and ccTLDs work, accept no alternative extensions. ;)

•••
I think idea.xyz or idea.vip might work as well and indicate something interesting or new..and might be actually much much cheaper :)

with .xyz or .vip you are not limiting yourself to any special geo location

•••

Agree with you. You only limit yourself to a crappy gTLD extension (and send your eventual traffic to the .com) :)

•••
attempting to acquire the domains i d e a . c o . u k and i d e a . c o m

I think idea.xyz or idea.vip might work as well and indicate something interesting or new..and might be actually much much cheaper

^^^ made my day, thanks

•••
Agree with you. You only limit yourself to a crappy gTLD extension (and send your eventual traffic to the .com) :)
I do not think so. If the solid business is based on name idea.xyz and is marketed like that, only very few people (you?:)) will go to i d e a . c o m. People are generally not so stupid as some domainers would like end users to believe.

If you want to read Alphabet reports, you go to abc.xyz, not to abc.com - I guess everybody knows that :)

•••
I think idea.xyz or idea.vip might work as well and indicate something interesting or new..and might be actually much much cheaper :)

Even if you wanted Idea.xyz, it is not an option. It is registry reserved like most decent terms in most new extensions.

This domain is not available for registration. It has been reserved
in compliance with Specification 5 of the New gTLD Registry
Agreement. Please see https://gitlab.centralnic.com/centralnic/
spec5-reserved-names/blob/master/README.md for more information.

You might be able to get idea in one of Frank Schilling's strings for only $500/year though....

Brad

•••
Even if you wanted Idea.xyz, it is not an option. It is registry reserved like most decent terms in most new extensions.

This domain is not available for registration. It has been reserved
in compliance with Specification 5 of the New gTLD Registry
Agreement. Please see https://gitlab.centralnic.com/centralnic/
spec5-reserved-names/blob/master/README.md for more information.

You might be able to get idea in one of Frank Schilling's strings for only $500/year though....

Brad

yes often terms are not only reserved, they are also more expensive than .com, believe it or not.

•••
Guys, registry reserved does not mean that it is not available..it simply means, that you can contact registry directly, and talk to them. I know many guys who bought their domains this way. They contacted registries.

Unlike some domainers, registries are often interested also whether the domain will be developed, etc, and in this case they can give significant discounts. The reason is clear - well developed huge site is obvious marketing for particular new TLD as well.

I personally do not believe that great keyword reserved xyz names will be more expensive then respective .com version, I would say they would be fraction of the price (although I do not have direct experience particularly with .xyz, so I do not have any real evidence here).

•••
The appraisal forums do not have limits on edits and their posts can be edited at anytime. This member simply needed to space out the domains and then this thread won't show up in search engines for searches of those domains. I've gone ahead and made those edits for this member: i d e a . c o . u k and i d e a . c o m. Once search engines visit this thread to update their index, it will not show up in those searches anymore.

NOTICE: I am disappointed to read that a veteran member called this new member "stupid" for not knowing this technique instead of suggesting it and helping. We will not tolerate this type of behavior and if I see it again, warnings will be issued.

This is a professional community to share, contribute, and work together. It is not a place to look down on others who don't know as much as you. It is my hope that there won't be anymore name calling.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back